Sunday, May 4, 2008

112 more days...

That's right 112 more days until IMC, not that I am counting or anything! It has been awhile since my last post....Wednesday I think. Lets see if I can remember that far!

On Wednesday night I had a long run, the first one in a couple of weeks. I headed out for 80-100 minutes but Greg told me to back it off if my legs were tired from the weekend. So off I went, and I felt not too bad. It was forecasting rain and I think the rain cloud was following right behind me the whole way. I got 40 min out, still feeling okay, but the rain started quite a bit harder so I turned around. On my way back the pavement was soaked...but it wasn't raining anymore! How's that for luck! I was glad I turned around at 40 min, because with about 30 min left I could feel my legs getting tired....not good!

Thursday I was supposed to ride with the group. It was up in the air on weather or not I could make it there or not due to having to work late. If they were riding inside I could go but I would be a little late, however, if they were riding outside they would be long gone by the time I got there. I went home at lunch, packed up all of my stuff for class. My last client at 6:00pm called me at 6:00 to cancel. So, the group went outside....which I now could have made it for....but only had shorts and a t-shirt to wear in the little chilly 10 degree weather. I ended up going home...riding the trainer by myself :( GRRRRRR.

Friday I got a quick 40 minute run in at work...and the sun was shining. Oh how I love the sunshine! Nothing exciting to report there. I met up with Chad's parents to go over my taxes (I was having serious issues with T4's and stuff). Once we got that sorted out and no longer owe the government nearly as much money as I thought....whew....thanks Tom! I didn't have time to make it to the gym, but grumpily made my way to the pool. Swimming is the hardest of the three disciplines to stay motivated for. Maybe that's because all you do is stare at a black line on the bottom of the pool for an hour! Anyway, I finished my somewhat awkward swim and went home to sleep!

Saturday was a long ride outside and it was beautiful! I went out for 3 hours....I was fine until the last 2 km; at that point I was tired of riding uphill against the wind and my butt hurt! When I was finished I had to booker back to the city to meet up with Chad who bought his bike! He still needed pedals so we went up to see Greg at Speed Theory. Greg hooked him up and checked out his bike, he even stayed late for us....which we appreciate soooooo much...thanks Greg :)

I went out last night to celebrate my birthday with a few friends. Had a few drinks, had a few laughs, and I even feel not too bad today! I could feel my tired legs and tight calf all night...made walking around in heels a little harder than normal! My left calf is still really tight today, I am going to continue to stretch and roller....hopefully it will loosen up! Chad and I are going to take his new baby out, now I just need to get him out of bed!

No comments: