Thursday, May 22, 2008

WHEW!!!!

Hey!

So I just got back from doing a ride with the Gregmiester himself and the crew (well, tonight the crew was Chantel:). I have had a busy couple of days so I figured I would blog while its fresh. I'll start with yesterday.

I have been tired this week...not body/training tired...it's more of I am feeling really lazy and would like to sleep in until noon everyday and then get up and train! When I think about it and if that opportunity presented itself it would be okay for the first couple of days and then I would be looking for something to do. ANYway (a little off topic I apologize), I went for my massage yesterday and I can sum it up in one word: OUCH!

It turns out when you beat up your body all of the time your muscles get tight! Who knew??? I was in rougher shape than last time I went in and just when I thought it couldn't possibly get worse he found somewhere else to poke which was worse! Oh the fun. I was working up a good sweat let me tell you!

My run was okay; not bad not good...just okay. I was tired by the time I got home afterwards but I think that was because I had been put through the ringer already. The rain let up last night so that was nice, with the cool air it was nice running weather.

So today I'm looking out the window at the rain and reading Greg's email saying that if it is pouring outside than we won't be riding. I wasn't sure what his version of pouring was but I had a funny feeling it wasn't the same as my version of pouring! I wanted to be sure so I called him up and yup I was right...definitely riding in the rain. What's more fun than biking in the cold and rain...doing hill repeats in it! Yeah!

We were to ride in Edworthy park, so I got some directions and googled it and had a pretty good idea of where I had to go. Well, I could not figure out what little dinky road to turn onto so I drove around edworthy park until I turned onto a random street and saw a sign pointing me in the direction of the park. My question is: why the hell don't they have signs on the main streets? What good are they if you can't find them????? Hmmmm.

This was my first ever actual hill repeat work out. I always thought that if you ride on hilly roads you get the same effect...WRONG! This was a whole new world of hill climbing! I think I need to do a lot more of these:) All and all it was a little cold, but not too bad. We were working hard enough to keep relatively warm!

Greg and Chantel decided to go for hot chocolate and since I was so late I decided to do a few more. Once I plugged up the hill a couple more times I thought hot chocolate sounded yummy! I am positive Greg said 37th and bow trail.....but with my crappy direction sense I couldn't see the cafe he was talking about so I called it a day and went home!

After a warm shower and pj's I feel much better (tired legs included:). Time to chill out and relax! Happy training everyone :) :) :)

4 comments:

runningman said...

Excellant work gettin that hill work out in!!!

Luanne said...

Run in the rain!! Isn't that against all reason!! Truly - you are so motivated - it is wonderful to track you!

Nanette said...

Good job! You really help motivate me to keep my lazy butt off the sofa. Have a great weekend!

Iron Greg said...

My bad!!! Sorry, it is the corner of 45th and Bow. Maybe I am the one who needs help with directions?? Hee hee!! :)
Great job on the hills - and yes we will be doing more all summer!! :)