Monday, May 5, 2008

Chad's first ride

Hey everyone!

Yesterday Chad and I went out for his first ride! I finally got him up and we headed out to Crossfield. We decided to ride out to Carstairs and around on some back road (which was a little rough in some parts :) and back into Crossfield. I never really bike in traffic, we had a few intersections to go through which were pretty interesting!

On the way out to Cartairs the road was quite nice, we were riding into a head wind though! There were rumble strips all along the side of the road so we didn't have a lot of room; I think whoever was responsible for making the rumble strips was drunk because they were all over the place!

We were riding along and all I could hear was Chad yell "Lance Armstrong" and then he took off around me. He kept saying he Lance Armstronged my ass....so I did it to him! Shortly after that we were headed into an intersection, I could hear Chad yelling behind me to make the right hand turn signal (we had the right of way). Never having used hand signals...turns out I used the wrong one :) ooops! Ha ha. We made it home in one piece. Altogether we did 40 km, in 1 hr 40 min including our stops...so that's pretty good considering wind and there were some tough hills in there too! My bike started making a weird noise when I was climbing...not too sure what was going on there so I'll get that checked!

My calf is was considerably worse last night and this morning which is not good. It feels like a really bad case of DOMS. It is so tight I can feel it pulling whenever I am standing or walking :(

Last night we got home after family dinner and I was asleep on the couch at around 10:00pm. After about 2 hours Chad woke me up and told me to go to bed. I had a busy weekend of riding! Altogether 114 km, 4 hours and 40 min, that's the most biking I have ever done in one weekend! Soon enough I'll be doing that in a day!

It is Chad's birthday on Friday, so it is his birthday week. I am going to do something nice for him everyday this week. Hmmm....does doing the laundry and dishes count??? If it does I am set :) Ha ha, I don't think he'll see it the same way!

4 comments:

runningman said...

nice riding, good job.

Lisa Ulrich said...

Good job on Lance Armstronging Chad! Now you have a riding partner! You guys should come visit us this summer and bring your bikes. Take care of your tight calf - lots of good stretching, ice, and maybe a massage (Advil is good too). My right calf was tight and knotted for about a week last week and I really noticed it when running. Seems better now though!

Luanne said...

Hey Leslie - it is amazing to hear of your long rides and swims!

Chad Geiger said...

Yeah, Lance Armstronging my ass only counts if you are behind me, not when you are already ahead! You arn't allowed to take off when I am trying to not fall while swerving all over the road trying to get a drink of water!!! Apparently we need to make a trip to Edmonton, huh?

Chad