Monday, May 26, 2008

Will it ever stop???

I know I shouldn't be complaining about the weather... on the bright side at least it isn't snowing! I am not going to lie, the rain is starting to get the best of me :(

On Friday I went for a 45 min run and the clouds parted for a brief moment and I think I actually saw the sun! My legs were tired from the night before, but I surprisingly didn't feel too bad once I got out there. Later on that night I headed to the pool to get my swim in. I felt good in the water on Friday, maybe this means I am getting my swimming arms back! It has been awhile since I have had them ;) I was doing 4 sets of 6 x 50 m, with each set getting faster. I think I started out too hard because by the last set of 6 I could hardly breathe! Then again maybe that's the point!

Saturday was an interesting day....I ended up doing a whole lot of nothing. I got up in the morning and tinkered around with my bike and gathering up all of my crap (which seems to take much longer when planning to ride in the rain). Once Chad got up and got organised we decided to make a pit stop at MEC to get some waterproof booties. I found some, but they didn't have any in Chad's size . He took a jog to the bike shop down the street while I stood in the wonderfully long line up. We finally managed to both have our feet protectors and with one last stop to get gas we were off to Longview and Highway 40 where the closed highway is.

Having being delayed by an hour and a half already we were getting a little irritable with traffic, rain, trains. As we drove south and the weather steadily got worse we contemplated turning around, but kept on going despite our better judgement!

We got out there and it was POURING! Chad just looked at me like I was crazy...little did he know that there was no way I was getting out of the truck. Light rain I can bike in....pouring rain not so much. With that we turned around. By the time we got home it was late evening and there wasn't much left to do but suck it up and try again on Sunday.

Sunday morning I woke up to more and more RAIN! Arrrrrrggggghhhhh! After what we went through on Saturday I wasn't about to try it again so I put my bike on the trainer and got on. That's right 4 hours of riding done in front of the TV. I would have rather been outside, but it wasn't too bad. I hooked myself up with season 1 of Grey's Anatomy and I pedaled my heart out. Once I finished biking I went out for an easy 20 min run.

About an hour and a half after I was done we went out for dinner and I was starving! We went to the new Indianna Jones movie after dinner and that was 2 hours of my life I will never get back...never. Yes it was that bad, I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

Today I have a run and swim on the agenda....I suppose it to will be in the rainy weather. We are going to head out to Banff again on the weekend to bike so hopefully it is nice outside for next weekend! Happy Training!

2 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Great job on the hard swim, keep it up and you will keep improving. I am sick of the rain as well, luckily here it has stopped.

I am done with biking outside in the rain - if it is raining I am riding on the trainer, period. Some people might think it's crazy, but I don't. I rode inside a couple times last week. It is not worth it to muck up your bike and have to spend an hour cleaning the grime and sand out of all the little nooks and crannies.

Hopefully the rain will stop and you can get some good riding weather soon! Happy training!

runningman said...

Well it wasn't worth it riding outside, I'm fighting a cold now. I just went at lunch to get cold fx, hopefully that'll fend it off. Take care