Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Getting Ready to Race

The race on Sunday is coming up fast! I am pretty excited, this will be my first Olympic race in a couple of years. Last year I did a sprint and 2 halfs so I am looking forward to Sunday. The forecast so far looks pretty good, nice and sunny which will be a good way to start out the season.

Last night I did a brick workout. I had brought my bike to the gym and set it up in the back where Chad was powerlifting. It was nice because I could chat and visit with everyone downstairs! My bike started to make a random squeaking noise again, I can't figure out what it is! I decided to hop off my bike and finish my workout on one of the spin bikes instead. I got off work really late last night so I didn't have much time before the gym closed, but I managed to get my 65min bike in with a 15 min run. I was dreading the treadmill and how my legs would feel running after a challenging bike....I felt GRRRRREAT! I am pretty pumped at how good my legs felt which gives me a little more ease going into the race on Sunday.

On Monday night I went swimming for 45 min. After a warm up I did 15 x 100m with a 20 sec rest. It was harder than I thought it was going to be. Normally I can easily do 50m in under a min and on Monday I could barely do it in a min, usually just over. I was getting frustrated because I just couldn't push it. I have had those days before, just not with swimming. I finished up and was happy to get out of the water! I hope I got my bad day of swimming out of the way now for awhile.

Tonight I am going to run, I get to do some tempo work which should be fun! It might hurt a little since I haven't done it in awhile, but I am excited for it! I am going to take my bike in this afternoon and see whats happening. It is probably something small....turns out I have a lot to learn about bike mechanics:) Everyone starts somewhere right! Bye.

2 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hey Leslie! You will do awesome on Sunday! I will be cheering you on from here (during my easy bike ride:) You should check to make sure your brake is not rubbing, sometimes it's something simple like that causing the sqeaking!

runningman said...

Good luck sunday!! I was even thinking of coming and watching you and all the other IG athletes race. But, I think I better stay and make sure my workouts get done.