Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Monday Ride

Hey everyone!

Our Monday ride started out looking not too bad and as we got closer to the mountains it looked something like this:

Yikes, those clouds are not looking so nice! We went and found some where to park on the Bow Valley Parkway. The entire drive out there Chad was super excited until we pulled up and it started to rain! He then looked at me like I was crazy when I told him we are still going to ride for 3 hours!


The beginning of the ride we decided against wearing our jackets (against my better judgement:). We were on out bikes for about a minute when we decided to turn around to put them on since it was pouring! The first half of the bike ride went something like this: Chad putting on his jacket, Chad stopping to take it off, Chad almost losing his jacket, it was pretty funny! Every time I looked back he wouldn't be there!



One of the many stops along our way! It was pretty hilly on the way out as well, I felt like we were constantly climbing! We stopped at the top of a big climb to have a pee break, get some food in and turn around and head back.


At the turn around:)





Here is a video that Chad took of me riding by on the way back! He took off on me and I came around the corner and there he was!




All done the ride, we were both cold and wet but happy to be done. We were flying on the way back and it felt awesome. When I finished I felt like I could keep on going which is a good thing! Three hours is a piece of cake now! Once we changed we went into Banff to have dinner. We ended up at Wild Bill's Pub, which had some yummy food. We were feeling tired after dinner so we passed on walking around and decided to call it a day!




I was pretty tired yesterday, but after a good night's sleep I feel a lot better. Chad was tuckered out yesterday as well so we both took it easy last night. Today I am going for a massage and I have to run later as well. I believe it is a 75-90min run tonight in the rain. I am looking forward to it...I don't mind running in the rain:)

2 comments:

runningman said...

Nice adventure you had, good job on gettin the ride in. :) Like the pics too.

Chad Geiger said...

Three hours on a bicycle, easy?? Crazy Ironpeople. My bum hurts.