Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Taking it ez

Today is my rest day, although there won't be much rest since my house looks like a tornado went through it and there is training gear everywhere. Chad counted how many shoes I had out at once last week and it was something around 7 pairs and 5 of those being running and/or cycling shoes! Yikes!

We now have 3 bikes in our apartment and you can hardly move in our pseudo den! Chad's bike isn't even in the mix yet. I think we need a bigger place...not only for the bikes but for all of the stuff that comes along with it....shoes, helmets, trainers, foam rollers, gear. Oh my!

Other than walking around our apartment sideways not too much new. I went for a run yesterday...it was a chilly 7 degrees outside. That wind is freezing, brrrrr. I had to laugh; last night Chad said that it feels colder outside now than when it was winter! I have to say that I kind of agree with him. Anyway, I went to the gym when I finished running and changed up my weights a little bit and I am sore today. I will give the cleans a go again on Friday, they are so fun!

Last night my swim went pretty good compared to last week. The pool was at 50 meters (yeah, yeah, yeah :) and when I was taking my rest I looked down or at the clock so no one would chat with me. There are some friendly swimmers at the Talisman Center let me tell ya! The main set that Greg outlined for me was 6x250 with 1 min rest. I really enjoyed that set for some reason, or maybe I was just in the mood to swim...who knows! I still have cramping in my feet and calves, it is a bit better but still there :(

Tomorrow is my long run, I'll admit I enjoy having it in the middle of the week. It makes the weekends a little easier to handle.

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Leslie - you didn't have to line up overnight then? I thought that is what usually happens. Thinking about signing up! If I do then I will be there to cheer you on this year! Are you doing it next year as well?