Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mind Over Matter

I just got out of an ice bath and it was very chilly...I am now in sweats and slippers trying to get warm again:) The reason for the ice bath was spin class tonight. We did 2 sets of 5 big gear, power, leg hurting, lung burning intervals. They were 2 min on 2 min easy, with a larger break in between sets. My brain and my legs got into a little bit of an argument...my legs put up a good fight but I managed to power through! Now I am really tired...yawn.

Last night I went for a 75 min run. My legs were tired all day; I went for a massage which helped out a bit. I actually have been tired all week but I feel better when I am training. Yesterday and today the best I have felt is after a workout. I think I need a few nights of long sleeps and I will be fine.

I am not looking forward to the snow that is headed our way after such a nice weekend last week :( Boooo winter. This time of year in Calgary is tough because it gets nice for a few days and you get outside and then the world comes crashing down on training outside when you wake up to a snow storm! I will be braving to cold in the next couple of days for some runs though!

Ahhhhh, time to go relax and read my Lance Armstrong book! Happy training everyone!

No comments: