Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Busy Bee

Things have been crazy at work over the last couple of days! Our receptionist has been sick so I have been doing two jobs. Yikes! I think she will be back tomorrow...which is a good thing for me :)

I have felt really good all week so far. All of that sleep on the weekend really helped. On Monday I went out into the snow yet again for a run. It was a short one, only 30 minutes. I did notice that there were only a handful of other runner's out there....where'd everybody go??? After I ran I went to the gym and did some cleans, nothing exciting to report there.

That night I did a 1000m timed swim. After a quick warm up I started the timed swim. I think I ate too much before I went because once I picked up the pace my stomach wasn't happy. That combined with my electrolyte drink; around 500m was not so pretty :) I finished in 19 min 11 sec. I am not too sure if that is good or bad, but hopefully I will get better!

Yesterday I biked for 75 min while I watched the game. There were a few times I looked down and my cadence had fallen a bit so I tried to stay focused! I was clunking a lot on Sunday with my single leg drills for some reason, but last night was much better.

Tonight I am supposed to run for some amount of time? I had better check that before I head out the door, I think it is about 60 min??? I hope it doesn't get any colder outside....I am tired of running in the snow and wind. Maybe just maybe spring is coming, I am beginning to think that Groundhog was full of crap!

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Have an awesome race this weekend Leslie! Hopefully there is not any snow and the weather is nice. When is your next race after this one? I just signed up for the Coronation Tri in Edmonton on May 25. If you are around, you should do it too!