Monday, April 7, 2008

Is it summer yet????

Yesterday was true to the crazy Alberta weather we all experience here. Sun, rain, snow, and sun again, all in a few hours. Hmmm, not easy to plan training sessions outside with weather like that!

Anywho, lets start with Friday shall weeee. Friday I could feel the tiredness in my body, along with a few sore body parts. I had a crazy day at work, but when I got home I sucked it up and headed out the door for my run. I really enjoy my runs outside by myself. I find it very relaxing, I can get lost in my own head space and hash out what is going on in my day to day life. Very nice indeed.

When I got home from my run I grabbed some food and curled up in my bed and had a little nap. I woke up later and headed to the gym. I was in my post sleep mode, so I wasn't overly energetic but I had a really good workout and then it was off to the pool for me. There were the usual randoms at the pool swimming into me, but I had a good swim. Do you ever have those swims where you feel lost in the water and something isn't quite right? That was me last week. I am going to incorporate a few more drills during warm up this week, that usually helps me stay on track!

Saturday I velcroed up the old cycling shoes and hopped onto the bike. One of my friends stopped by to pick up some stuff he left at my house and asked me why I had my bike in the corner and was staring at the wall. I tried to explain to him that I needed to "focus" on what I am doing, he looked and me like I was crazy and the look continued when I told him I was biking for 2 plus hours....what do you mean, that's not normal???? Ha ha. All and all a good training session.

I have noticed that my appetite is never ending. We went out for dinner with Chad's parents on Saturday night and I was in the fridge within an hour and a half looking for more food. What can I say, I'm hungry!

Sunday I rolled myself out of bed to get my bike in before I had to go to work. I took me some time to wake up, but I gotter done and managed to wake up a little as well:) Work was crazy busy yesterday, a lot of runners are gearing up for the summer. The Tech Shop is putting a team together since so many of us are racing now....that means I get free gear! Yay!

We went out to Crossfield last night so Chad could get Nathans bike and start riding it before his triathlon debut in May! While he was doing that I went for a run. It was nice and quiet out there, no people, very little traffic....and then the train came. I think my ears were ringing when I got back from running beside that very large and noisy thing. I don't know what was worse the engine or the squealing brakes!

I had a hard time falling asleep last night, so I didn't get my run in before work this morning. I'll do it some other time today. I am going to the gym tonight and to the pool. I have my fingers crossed that the pool will be at 50 meters tonight!

3 comments:

Luanne Whitmarsh said...

Hi! I really enjoy reading your blogs - thanks - Luanne

Nanette said...

Hi Les. Keep up the great work! I am so proud of you and your determination and dedication to reach your goals. I can't wait to see you cross the finish line in Penticton. What an incredible moment that will be!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hey Leslie, you are crazy for pointing your bike at the wall! Mine is pointed directly at the television. Question - how long did you wait in line to sign up for IMC (i.e. what time did you actually register)?