Thursday, April 3, 2008

Rough Couple of Days

For the last couple of days I have been having stomach pain due to my IBS:( This is not fun. Tuesday was my day off, so I rested on my couch. I can't figure it out...doesn't seem to matter what I eat. I have been eating all of my veggies cooked and I am going to eliminate dairy for a couple of days to see if that helps. Hmmmmm, not too sure.

I went for my run last night. It was pretty good, a little too busy for me though! There were people everywhere, it was like an obstacle course out there. I had a little bout of frustration with my heart rate; I was running up a long gradual grade, against the wind, and I had to pee! It was only a couple of beats higher than where I wanted it, but man o man. I even stopped and walked for 15-20 sec to try to calm down. The more I think about it the higher it goes! Ha ha. I had to make a pit stop at the Extreme Bean to use the facilities. I was a lot more relaxed after that...too much water!

On the way back I had no trouble keeping my HR down, felt good! My left calf has been pretty tight lately so I think I am due for a massage. I need to make sure to stretch after every workout, not just the occasional run! Oops.

Tonight I am off to class. I am not sure what I am in for though....time trial according to Greg's Blog??? I still can't get my computer to work on my trainer? I get fed up with fiddling with it and go by my HR. It would be nice to know my cadence though:)

Chad and I are going to the Outdoors Show on Saturday at the round up centre. It is supposed to have running and tri stuff, as well as camping, etc. All of my favorite summer activities under one roof....how fun!

I successfully avoided my cold...a big thanks goes out to my immune system! Ha ha. I also have my first brick workout in a few weeks on Saturday so this could be interesting:)

Oooh and in my Crossing America challenge I am through Little Rock, Arkansas. Whoot whoot. I hammered the capitals quiz. Chad thought I was cheating I got them so easily. The only one I had trouble with was South Carolina, but I got it I just had to keep the wheels turning upstairs! I am coming up to the states I don't know as well so I best get studying!

No comments: