Friday, April 11, 2008

No Way Jose!

I know I am probably the only person in Calgary who was happy the the game last night! I am pumped for San Jose ( I really like Joe Thornton:) so watch out all you Flames fans cause the Sharks are coming!

Anyway, class last night was good. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it there due to the crazy weather. I got stuck on the 14th street hill yesterday on my way to work. I was there for about 20 minutes not able to drive up the hill. I was on the phone with Chad freaking out because I didn't know what to do! Lucky for me a gravel truck came by...I had to reverse down the hill into the other lane and I FINALLY and BARELY made it up the hill. The weather let up a little in the afternoon so I made it home to pick up my bike! We did some big gear hills last night...I much prefer them to sprinting and power stuff:) I did 90 min there last night, went home, stretched out on the couch and watched the game.

Wednesday I went for my long run: 1hr 45 min. The wind was a little chilly, which seems to be the trend as of late. Once I got home I decided to try having an ice bath...that was about as much fun as it sounds. The worst part was my feet...ouch ouch ouch. It seemed to help a bit because my legs felt better yesterday than they normally do:)

Tonight I am headed out for a run, weights and a swim! I want to ride outside on Saturday, I need to go and pick up some tubes since I don't have the right size for my new bike:) I should done it last night when I was at the store...but then I got lazy and hungry and went home! Ha ha...too lazy to walk back inside, that's pretty bad!

Have a great weekend...spring is here...well for the next couple of days anyway!

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

I heard about the crazy weather you guys had yesterday - at least the snow melts really fast there! I too love the big gear intervals and I hate the high cadence stuff! Hard!