Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend is done...

I was feeling a little bit of the weekend blues when I had to get out of bed for work this morning! Oh well before I know it Friday will be here.

I got to test out my bike a little more last night and I think that I am going to have to go back to my old saddle, because holly crapolly did that hurt. I biked for 2 hours last night and it was tough! The body position is so different, other than the seat everything went smoothly. I really notice a difference in the pedal stroke and the tension put onto my shoulders from being in the aero position. On my old bike I looked like superman I was so stretched out! I am going to incorporate some more planks into my weights, I think the added core and position should help me get used to the new position of my bike a little quicker! I am looking forward to getting out on the roads and into the sunshine.

Next weekend is the first road race of the year. We are headed to Lethbridge on Saturday for the Moonlight Run. I am doing the 10km and Chad is being a slacker this year and doing the 6 km. Ha ha, just kidding. He wants to do faster shorter races this year. I love this race: it is well organised, has good prizes, and it is at night so I don't have to get up at some ungodly hour in the morning! The only thing that sucks is that it snows EVERY year! This is my 4th time doing this race and it always is uber nice the week before and then Saturday around noon the weather changes and a blizzard rolls through! Boourns!

Race next weekend means an easier training week for me as I am doing a little bit of a taper. I am a little nervous about attaining my original goal for this race as I have not done any speed work at all for running. Oh well, I'll push it as hard as I can and leave it all out on the course!

I am off to the gym tonight to do a run and a few weights. I also have to swim later on tonight. I didn't get any good swim workouts in last week, so I am ready to dive in and get a good workout in the pool! Tomorrow is my day off of training so I am going to plant my butt on the couch and watch the biggest looser!

3 comments:

Chad Geiger said...

Hey everyone,
I'm sorry that Leslie hasn't updated her Crossing America thing yet. I messed up on the calculations for it. It turns out I forgot to put a state in so all my numbers are wrong which means I have to do it all over again. I apoligise and will do better once I get organised (he he he... Leslie!) Maybe I will update once I finish watching the biggest loosers tomorrow night! (he he he).
Chad

Chad Geiger said...

Also, Lucy will never be as fast as the Red Baron!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Come on Chad, get with the program!