Monday, March 24, 2008

Date Day!

Chad and I don't get to spend a lot of time together during the week due to our crazy working and training schedules. SOOOO....Sunday we decided to go out to Banff and spend time together. Don't worry I still got my ride in:) Anyway, little did we know it was snowing...that's right we drove away from the 12 degrees of warmth and went to the snow!

This is Chad and I having Dinner at the Keg....YUMMMMMMMM



I was trying to stand out in the blowing snow....as you can see my eyes are closed because it was flying at me:) This pic really doesn't do it justice...it really was snowing I promise!

Chad and I found all of the funky hats and toques in this store....ha ha

More hats.....


We had a lot of fun! We were going to go up to Johnson's Canyon, but due to the weather we changed our minds! We never seem to dress warm enough when we go to Banff!

I was supposed to get up and bike before we went to Banff....but it was my last day off and so I stayed in bed and read my book and then fell back to sleep. I didn't get onto my bike until after we got home from Banff last night! I did a 2.5 hour ride and it was ok. We watched....well I watched while Chad slept...The Assassination of Jesse James. It was pretty good; a little slow moving but interesting none the less and it helped pass time while I was biking.

My run on Saturday was pretty good. Still working at running at a lower heart rate...plugging along. I did walk up the ridiculously steep hill to keep my heart rate down, I felt like such a slacker. Ha ha. It was nice and sunny outside. Chad had taken a couple of his clients out for runs as well, so they were out on the trail with me for awhile as well!

I am a few hours past Lansing, Michigan and headed towards Indianapolis, Indiana....I think that is where I am going! I am on my way back across the states now...headed home!

Tonight I am on the bike again and going to head to the pool. I want to do around 3 km in the water tonight, but we will see how it goes. Bye!

3 comments:

Luanne said...

I am so glad that you guys got to spend some time together....

runningman said...

Cool, Lisa and I went to Banff too, but on friday and we chose chillis for dinner.

Nanette said...

Sounds like a fun day. I love the hats! You two are the best. We had 40 people over for dinner on Sunday. It was fun... but I ate too much of the wrong foods.