Friday, March 28, 2008

Not enough clothes....

Hello again!

On Wednesday nothing went according to my grand plan of events:( I got my run in, which is another entire story!

Since I had my nap on Wednesday afternoon...which was glorious by the way, I had to cram my run in after work. I was supposed to be off at around 6:15ish. That turned into 6:45, so I was rushing out of work so I could go for my run before it got too dark and I would be running with the creepos down by the river.

See I grew up in the north and up there all I had to worry about Bears and wolves. It was great because even if it was 11:00 pm, I could go for a run (which is actually really nice and relaxing). Down here I am a little more paranoid about all of the people in the bushes not animals....I much prefer the animals!

Anyway, (a little off track there) I hurried down to the river to get my run done. I FROZE! I didn't pack enough clothes and so it was a wee bit chilly. My hands and feet were numb until about half way through...the wind was a blowin'! Good news was that I could keep my heart rate where I wanted it and pick up the pace quite a bit!

The rest of the evening didn't go as planned because Chad convinced to to go to Earls with everyone. I figured I could go and grab some food and have time to get to the pool....no such luck. Everyone was still waiting for our "reserved" table for 8pm at 8:30pm...hmmm. Needless to say we didn't get in until after 9pm, so no swimming for me!

Last night I went to class again and it was great...feel the burn! The single leg drills were long last night and I was having a hard time to get my legs to cooperate with what I wanted them to do! When I went to bed last night I knew I had a really good workout and pushed it a bit because my legs were spent! It felt good!

Today I am going to go for a run do some weights and something else maybe???? Not too sure, I can't remember. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

runningman said...

Weird how that is, the legs have got to be baked for us to feel good.

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hey Leslie, be careful out there and steer clear of the weirdos on the trails!