Saturday, March 8, 2008

New Bike!

I went and picked up my bike last night and it is soooo pretty! I had to do a 50 min ride last night so I put Lucy (that's her name!) on the trainer and tested her out. I can sure feel the difference from a road bike. The seat position is quite different too...so that is going to take some getting used to (ouch:)! This is the bike that is going to lead me to my victory dance when I cross the line at IMC! That is if I can still do a victory dance at that time:) Once Chad gets his bike we are going to have to figure out what to do with all these bikes in our VERY small apartment! It even says that I am going to be fast see....VROOM! Ha ha!




Onto other good news, I found a coach! Yeah! I am pretty excited! I am looking forward to having someone telling me what to do. I think that extra little push will keep me going all summer long. His name is Greg Bradley and has done 12 Ironmans, he has a degree in kinesiology as well, and just from talking to him I can tell he loves this sport. He has sent me some questionnaires to complete and we are going to meet sometime next week to talk about coaching.

I went for a 90 minute run today and my stomach started acting up about an hour in. It was so bad I had to keep stopping and walking:( This hasn't happened in a very long time...actually I don't think I have ever had to walk before. Needless to say it was not fun.

Anywho, I should head to bed since I have to work and bike tomorrow. I have been tired ever since Thursday...boo. Don't forget to change your clocks, daylight savings starts tomorrow!

5 comments:

Luanne said...

Great looking bike - WOW! You are going to be smokin'!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Wow the bike looks AWESOME! You are going to be a speedy gonzales in all your races this year! Too bad about the stomach problems on the run - I have also had issues during long runs before and it sucks. Where did you find your new coach?

runningman said...

very cool bike!!! I'm so jealous I don't have mine yet. Greg may be coaching me too, I'm not sure yet if I can afford it. I had a good talk with him yesterday when I was in getting the bike fitted.

Leslie said...

He works at Speed Theory. My friend Darryl at the gym told me he did some coaching. When I went in to put my money down on my bike I was in there for like 1.5 hrs just chatting about coaching and nutrition and stuff. I liked what he had to say so I figured I would give it a go!

Anonymous said...

Good post.