Thursday, March 6, 2008

Running Uphill...both ways :)

I just got back from a 60 minute run! During my brakes sometimes at work, well I guess twice now once last week and once this week I'll take off and go for a run. For those of you who don't know, I work at Simply For Life and it is on the corner of 14th ave and 19th st NW, by Northhill mall and SAIT. On 19th street there is the mother of all hills, ok ok maybe not ALL hills but it is pretty big! If you don't believe me try running up it! So I leave from work run down to the river and back up. The hill is long enough that you feel like you are running uphill for a significant amount of the run....even though it is only like 8 minutes really! WHEW! It is good training...it has been a long winter of no hill repeats!

On to the good news....I am going to pick up my bike tomorrow! WHOOT WHOOT! I am sooooo excited...words can not express. I do have a problem though...I have no idea how to take my pedals off, or computer so I am going to bring my whole bike there....and because I am a girl who knows not a whole lot about bikes, so hopefully they can help me out:)

I biked for 90 minutes last night and then went swimming with Chad. We were in the water for about 1/2 hour. He is doing much better and I can see the improvement, he has come a long way! I had to keep my mouth shut though....I really really wanted to give him a few things to work on....but I kept my mouth shut! We might go again on Saturday, but I think I will head into the 50m pool to get a workout in, he distracts me:)

Tonight I am off to the gym and to the pool. I'll be sure to post some pics of my new ride this weekend!

3 comments:

runningman said...

wow, that's awsome, gratz on the purchase. Show us some pics of you riding it. :)

Nanette said...

That's so exciting that you get your new bike this weekend. Great that you and Chad are swimming together too!

Lisa Ulrich said...

I remember doing runs from North Hill - there is no such thing as a flat run in that area!