Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sore Legs + Running = Ouch

Hey,


On Monday night I went to the gym and did a leg workout. I have always really enjoyed lifting weights and I was getting stronger before my hiatus called Ironman! Since I successfully have been squating the bar I figured I could throw some weight on there. I had been doing a lot of my workouts using just body weight...I upped the anti this week! I do believe Chad called me an idiot but hey what can you do? Anyway, when I walk around I look like and 80 year old when its cold outside and their arthritis is acting up!

Tuesday I lifted weights again (upper body this time!) and I biked for an hour I think. I am feeling more comfortable on the bike again and I am enjoying it. Nothing crazy....just easy spinning while I watch TV. I even threw in some single leg stuff to mix it up a bit.

I went for a run yesterday...it was so hot out! I had to hobble around a bit until my legs got warmed up. I am not too sure what is worse sore hamstrings or sore quads when you are running??? Since they were both sore I couldn't decide which was worse! I went to the gym after work and did some chest and shoulders....I love shoulder workouts (second to legs of course:). I wasn't quite done after weights so I hopped on the elliptical for another 30 min.

Tonight I am back at the gym and I might bike again tonight, we'll see how it goes. Nothing exciting planned for the weekend (that I know of anyway). A girlfriend and I are going out on Friday, I work on Sunday and most importantly will be cheering on Richelle as she runs the Portland Marathon! Good luck Richelle!

2 comments:

runningman said...

I'm gonna guess that hamstrings are worse... for me at least. And oh I hateeeeeeeeee working out shoulders with a passion. It's by farrrrrr my weakest point.

Lisa Ulrich said...

Good job on all the weights! I haven't done weights since March!