Monday, October 20, 2008

Lots to do!

Last week was a busy one. I felt like I had tons to do but not enough time to do it in! I will start at the beginning!

Tuesday. On Tuesday I was feeling really motivated and wanted to train....so I did! I went for an easy 35 minute run in the afternoon, it was awesome! I felt like I was running on clouds. That night we had spin class and it felt like Greg upped the anti a little this week! We did accelerations...where I hit 142...which is good for me! Then we did some cadence work which means our legs spin around really fast....but he tells us where to hold it and for how long. I am glad that my heart rate monitor was broken because I think it was pretty high!

Wednesday. Hmmmm. I think I went for another run. That sounds right anyway. I went for about 50 minutes and again I felt grrrrrreat. I had a hard time getting my butt out the door but once I did it was smooth sailing.

On Wednesday night I didn't get much sleep. We have a neighbor (2 floors up) who plays loud music until about 4:30am...sometimes longer. All I can hear is the thump, thump, thump through the floor. It sucked, 3 hours of sleep is not good. This has happened a couple of times now and I am going to file a noise complaint with the board. I would imagine I am not the only one who can hear it.

Thursday. I felt like a bag of crap. It was all I had to make it through the day at work and go to spin. Blah. On those same accelerations where I hit 142 on Tuesday I could only hit 134....yikes. My legs just couldn't do it. I was happy that we did aerobic threshold stuff that night because I find it a little easier. I went home and crashed after class.

Friday. Again I felt like a big pile of crap. Not sleeping for 1 night usually throws me off for a couple of days....I am a little high maintenance when it comes to sleeping. I didn't do much on Friday, we had a staff dinner that night and I had agreed to go out with a couple of friends so that took up my training time on Friday. I am ready to go back to my hermit life of training for a bit now though! I usually can take off during the day for a run but I had a doctors appointment as well. I officially have eczema...which I knew I had but dry skin sucks. I go through more lotion than anyone I know. He gave me some super steroid cream which has been working wonders already:)

Saturday. Once I rolled out of bed Chad and I headed to the Tech Shop and out for lunch with some of his clients. He entered 4 teams into the Gorilla Run, 3 people per team and each had to run about 5 km. At lunch we visited, answered questions...there were a few rookie's so there were lots of questions! After lunch we went out to run some more errands, still couldn't get my heart rate monitor battery...grrrr. Who closes their store a 2pm on a Saturday, how random. We finished up the day by meeting up with Tom and Darl for dinner.

Sunday. This turned out to be a long day for me. We (well I) was awake at 6:40 am. I managed to coax Chad out of bed, we got ready, and we were off to the race. We met up with everyone in the Zoo parking lot. Kuodos to Chad for organising this...it takes a lot of work! The race went well, everyone seemed to have a good time. A little chilly however, I thought poor Greg was going to get hypothermia....all that Ironman training doesn't leave you with much insulation:)

After everyone finished up the race it was off to work for me. I say this every week but this was the busiest we have been in a long time on a Sunday. I was run off my feet. When I got home after work my legs were aching like they do after a really tough workout. An entire day of standing and walking around was tough! Last night Chad and I rented some movies and hung out...with various intervals of sleeping:)

Today I want to get a run in....not too sure if that will happen. Either way I will be at the gym to pump some iron. I didn't make it there once last week, that's not good! Hopefully I will be able to get more training in this week and back into my routine!

Leslie

2 comments:

Iron Greg said...

I think it is more about the damn cold climate that we live in!!! I hate winter, wish I could fly south with the birds :)

Richelle Love said...

Can you call me? Cell 554-7532.