Monday, October 6, 2008

Not much to report!

It has been a quiet couple of days. Friday I went for a run for about 60 min, which is the longest I have ran since Ironman. I have been running about 3 times per week but only for 30-40 min at a time! I wanted to try a new trail (I sort of knew where it went) and it was nice to have a change in scenery. This was a little hilly for a first longish run in awhile but it was nice none the less!

That night Janelle and I went to The Coup for dinner and holly crap it was YUMMY! It is a vegetarian restaurant on 17th and everything on there menu looked sooo good. I ended up with a burger made out of sweet potatoes, tofu, cashews, and sesame served on a multi grain foccasia bun. The salad was sooo good as well. Best meal I have had out in a long time. You should check it out, a new favorite for sure. Now....how to get Carnivore Chad through the door.....not too sure if that will happen any time soon:)

On Saturday I had a lazy morning and we went out to Crossfield for Thanksgiving dinner. I love turkey...not as much as I loved the chocolate cake for dessert.....yummmmm. I hope my clients aren't reading this:) :) :) Everything in moderation RIGHT! After dinner we all went for a walk....that counts as a training session right??? Maybe??? Hmmmm, I need to burn off that turkey...more so the cake this week!

On Sunday I had to work and it was crazy. I had people asking me the strangest questions.....whatever happened to just selling running shoes? It was 5 hours of being run off my feet! I did try on the new Asics nimbus 10's we have had in for a bit but they still suck so another season in Mizuno for this chicka.

In other big news Chad's cousin Jason is newly engaged to Nancy! Congrats!

With that we are going to Spokane this weekend. We will leave on Friday and be back on Monday. At least I am sure I can still run 5 miles so that's a good thing. Chad is aiming for a sub 2 hour half....which I know he will be fine with so long as he paces himself!!!

I guess I had more to say than I thought! Bike class starts tomorrow night.....maybe Greg will take it easy on us slackers???? Maybe???? It will be nice to have some structure back into the training regime again....I still feel a little lost!

No comments: