Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm going to Idaho!



I signed up for yet another race last night. It is official now, I am doing the Ironman 70.3 in Boise, Idaho next June! The thing that I like about this race is that it is on a Saturday and it doesn't start until 2pm. That's awesome!

In the last couple of days I have gotten some good training in. Monday I went for a run after work, I got 40 mins in there. After that I went to the gym and did a leg workout. I could tell that I didn't do weights last week! Consistency in any kind of training is sooooo important. Anywho I made myself good and sore and I wasn't ready to be done yet so I hoped on the trainer for another 30 min...nice n easy.

Last night was spin class. I was having major technical issues, well actually not so major but they were major to ME! I was hoping that I would have my heart rate monitor...no such luck. And once I got there I discovered, well actually Greg discovered that I need to replace my battery in the sensor on my bike as well! So I was heart rate-less and cadence-less; I felt a little lost and I had to keep staring at peoples legs trying figure out how fast I should be going. It was still a tough training session. I don't know about anyone else but when we are constantly spinning at 120/130 my heart rate does not stay in the aerobic zone! I didn't need my HR monitor on to tell me that one! Despite not having any of my techno gear I felt like I worked hard and was sweating up a storm.

The bad news is I think after having sick people traipse in and out of my office for a week my immune system has let me down. That combined with no sleep doesn't help the body out too much. Nothing too bad, just a case of the sniffles. Well I better get back to work now:)
Leslie

3 comments:

Julie said...

Goin' to Idaho, eh? Woohoo!

Great week of training for you too! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Idaho 70.3 - Awesome! That would be interesting to start at 2pm. I was thinking of doing that race but signed up for Oliver instead. Hope you feel better soon!

Richelle Love said...

Augh!!!!!!! I wish I had known. I was looking for someone to do it with me but nobody would commit so I signed up for other races! Drat!

We will have to do a race together one day.

And will you rest already so you can get better!