Monday, September 29, 2008

Big News!

Guess what I did............





.......that's right, I am officially signed up for Ironman Cozumel! Yikes! I thought signing up for IMC made me nervous, how about an inaugural international race in November.

We had a busy weekend, Friday I went for a nice 40 min run. It was soo nice outside! After work I went with a girlfriend to the mall. I think walking around the mall for 3 hours was harder than going for a workout, I was beat when I got home!

Saturday we went to the Aero Space Museum to visit Allan and see what he does all day. It was pretty cool seeing all of the airplanes....and since we have connections we even got to sit in some of them! Chad will be posting the pics as soon as he stops sleeping on the couch:) That night Allan and Karen and baby Allison came over for dinner and some drinks. Man has Allison grown, too cute!

On Sunday I went to work at the Tech Shop and it was busy! When I got home we lazed around for a bit, signed up for Ironman, and when Chad went swimming Lucy and I had some bonding time. I rode for about 80 min, after being on my feet all day and riding my legs were tired.

Last night I woke up at around 5:30 (actually I guess that would be this morning) and my legs were THROBBING and hurting. It sucked. I had to get up and take some advil so I could get back to sleep. So far today they are okay....I'm not too sure what happened there but it sucked.

Tonight, depending on what time I get off of work I want to get another run in and go to the gym. The run may not happen if I get off late, then I may have to go on the elliptical or something! That's about all for me. Happy Training everyone!







6 comments:

runningman said...

Congratz!

Anonymous said...

Do one for those of us who are too chicken to!
alan

Richelle Love said...

Way to go Les!
We will chat all about it when I get back from Portland next week!

So excited for you!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Way to go Leslie - that is very exciting!

Chad Geiger said...

yeah, you're kind of weird at 5am!

Jenna said...

way to go Leslie!!! Sound slike you are getting back at it :)