Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cccccccold!

Hey,

Whoa, it is mighty chilly outside especially compared to last week! Brrrrrr.

I forgot to tell you about my interesting workout I had last Thursday. I went to the gym and convinced Chad to train with me (and I am not so crazy in my skull....I had to have him spot me so I wouldn't drop the bar on my head....that counts as spending time together). After we did weights Chad convinced me to do his "run" with him.

So Chad is training with a lot of hills because the 2 races he is focusing on have giant hills at the end...like 1.5 km of running up steep hills. I figured 20 minutes of hills on the treadmill wouldn't be so bad, I love doing hill repeats outside so this should be fine right??? WRONGO! The beautiful thing about doing hills outside is you get to run back DOWN the hill after. Not so lucky this time. We cranked the incline up to 13% ran up for awhile and then we would slow down the pace and keep the incline the same. Over and over and over. This was a workout like none other. Needless to say I finished it but I will stick to doing my hills outside....much more enjoyable!

Last night was the first bike class. I was right Greg took it easy on us, it was just enough to get the ticker and the legs going. Lots and lots of single leg drills. My legs are pre-programed to stop after 3 sets! I lost count...I think we did 6 sets??? Yikers on the burning legs. It was great to see everyone again and chat it up!

I should get back to work...I will update before Spokane!

Leslie

5 comments:

runningman said...

Jeez I was just about to give you and Chad heck for not giving a race report. Good thing I double checked the date on that...

runningman said...

hmmmmm any way I could get your discount with out you being there? I need shoes real bad. :( Poor poor Darryl

Iron Greg said...

We did a total of 7 actually, but it was only 30sec for each leg ;)

Lisa Ulrich said...

Sounds like a crazy hill workout! Good luck and have fun in Spokane this weekend! Hopefully it is warmer there.

Julie said...

Hahahaha! I had to laugh when you said your legs are pre-programmed to only do three sets! No kidding, eh? That's EXACTLY how I am with swimming -- pre-programed to go one pace. Drastic measures are being taken to break me from this habit. LOL!!!