Monday, September 15, 2008

Feeling Better!

I am feeling a little less tired. I had one goal for this weekend....Sleep. After my nap filled week I thought I should try and catch up a little on the weekend.

On Friday I worked until 12 and then I helped Chad with a corporate seminar thing, did a little chat about nutrition. The seminar was about 3 hours long and when we finished up we grabbed some food and Chad went back to work and I went home.

We got Season 4 of Grey's Anatomy and so I was glued to the TV on Friday night....all night:) It was awesome, I didn't even feel guilty! See I have this thing, when I am watching TV (and not riding my bike) I am always plagued with thoughts of all of the things I SHOULD be doing! On Friday it was R n R time for this chickie.

I slept for a beautiful 10 hours or so Friday night. Chad got up and headed to the gym to train a couple of people, so I got up and cleaned up the house! I decided since it was so nice outside I would go and run my loop. I felt pretty good the entire time, first time that my knees weren't complaining! Yeah!

Later on Saturday once Chad got home we loaded up the truck and went out to Crossfield for the night. We spent some time visiting, playing cards, having naps (while I did anyway:). That night I slept for another 12 hours....except we didn't go to bed until 2 am....that means I slept until 2 pm! Yikes! I haven't done that since university!

Chad and I stuffed ourselves with yummy breakfast and then we decided to go for a little bike ride since it was sooooo very nice outside. Off to Madden we went. Once we got out there Chad wanted to keep going but I wasn't having any of it:) We turned back and started towards town. This was the first ride out here all year that we weren't battling a storm! Figures.

Once we got back to the house Chad went for a run and I sat on the patio with Tom! My biggest question is "why no t-runs in the summer with me???"

After that deep fatigue I had last week I would rather be sore and hobbling around for 2 weeks than to feel that tired. That made the tiredness I felt during training look like peanuts! They say with each Ironman it lessens....hmmmm I remain a little skeptical. I am going to the gym tonight...I think I will some weights....maybe some more cardio....who knows!!!!

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hey Leslie - are you planning on signing up for Great White North? It is open and the race is already half full, will probably sell out in the next day or two. Just to let you know!