Friday, September 12, 2008

Who's the Rookie???

Hey,

I was going through my photos the other day trying to organise my scrapbooking stuff (yes I scrapbook:) and I came across these photos of my first open water tri, 2nd ever triathlon and I couldn't help but chuckle.

This is me before the swim....a little nervous!

Getting ready to jump in, well actually if my memory serves me correct I wanted to go home and forget about this whole triathlon thing. Chad (who was a little grumpy at me for dragging him out of bed in the morning) pushed me in the water! Notice my fancy wetsuit; good for water activities like tubing, wakeboarding (or attempting to), not so much open water swimming!


This is me in transition....sitting...that's right I sat down, took a load off, and took my sweet ass time.
The biggest thing I can notice in the pic is my shoes:) I do believe Lisa informed me about clipless pedals after this race!
Ahhh, out onto the run. I was not at all a trigeek here, good old russel shorts and tank top! I love it!

Brought back some memories:)

Anyway, this week I have done a few work outs, but I spent most of my time sleeping. I had a nap almost every single day this week, soooooo very sleepy. I was warned of this, I had a couple of people telling me I would feel great and then feel pretty crappy. They spoke the truth. I got home from work one night, turned on the TV to channel 2 trying to find something to watch. That didn't last long I was asleep within about 30 seconds woke up and hour later, I didn't even get to choose a TV show!

When I train the biggest thing I notice is my knees. I went for another little run with Chad and this one we had to go home early because my knees started to hurt. I also tried doing some squats, I warmed up with body weight and then tried the bar....no weight, just the bar and the same thing happened. My knees really hurt. I went back to the body weight stuff right away. I am planning a sleeping a lot this weekend and hopefully I can catch up a bit. Biking is good, so I will do some more of that this weekend.

I still haven't gone swimming....and I don't care! I think it would be good for me, but I am not motivated to do it at all....so I won't!

That's about it, have a great weekend!

Leslie

2 comments:

runningman said...

awesome memories eh. Look how far you've come, who woulda thought eh? Is it ok for a Canadian to use eh in every sentence?

Lisa Ulrich said...

Ha ha that is hilarious! For the first year or two in triathlon I didnt' have clipless pedals and shoes either! I wore running shoes and had those cages just like you. I thought I was cool b/c my transition would be faster!