Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm Sleepy!

It has been 2 weeks since Ironman and I think that having a busy social life is harder on me than all of the training! Last week was a crazy week for me with just getting back from holidays, having said that I still felt like I had nothing to do....weird I know.

Hmmm where to start. Tuesday morning was a tough day, first day back to work. The fun part was that I got to talk about Ironman all day! One of my clients brought me flowers, it was so sweet. I did the getting back from holidays stuff on Tuesday night like getting groceries, cooking up a storm, doing laundry and the like. I had an itch to do something cardiovascular but I managed to keep myself busy.

Wednesday night I did more of the same (camping for a week and a half = lots of clean up:). Chad came home at 10:30 pm and said he was going for a run and I could come if I wanted. Yes yes I wanted! Off we went. We ran around the streets of downtown which is a little creepy I gotta tell ya. I felt really good throughout the run. I returned home after about 30 min and Chad went out for another loop. Funny story: We were a couple of blocks from home when some lady under the influence of some "special" substance started yelling at us....very loudly. I t was to the effect of "what the hell are you running at this time of night for? You are f$%#@#$%%g idiots, and she screamed that phrase about 5 times. I think we need to move to the burbs. From that little run, I was tuckered out and went to bed....I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in!

Thursday I met up with Greg to talk about how the year went, what I want to do next year etc. We chatted for a couple of hours. Chad had been calling me, once I got back to him he was meeting up with the fam at Olive garden for a late supper. All I can say is yummmmmmmmm.

At work on Friday I did a whole body training session. It has been awhile since I have done weights and I could feel it! Actually I can still feel it. I took it really easy but I am still sore; legs, arms, core were what I felt the most! If anyone would have told me that my legs would be sore from body weight squats and lunges I would have laughed. Yeah not so funny! On Friday night I went out with some girlfriends.....ohhhhh man. I am not used to this staying out until 3am thing. Most of the time I spent Friday nights on the couch sleeping, get up and go swimming and then I go back to sleep. This was quite a change!

On Saturday we had the team legend party where I ate waaaaaay to much! It was great to see everyone and chat about triathlon all night. Once Chad and I were on our way home, I was looking forward to laying on the couch, my girlfriend called and said I should come out again.....so I did. Whoa, I haven't done that since University. I am to old for that much action in a weekend! Once every month or two is enough for this crazy cat.

Sunday I slept in.....I love to sleep. Once I managed to get Chad going we went out to Crossfield to visit, go for a bike ride, change the oil, clean up some stuff. We managed to get the visit in, and the bike ride was a little less than it was going to be due to the freezing wind! We got all geared up and we were on our bikes for 5 minutes and we were both cold! The highway was only going to be colder so we did another tour de crossfield! Chad went out to do hill repeats, I rode out to the hill and then told him to have fun and I went back to the house! My bike felt a little foreign to me, but I missed Lucy!

Lucy cuddled with Greg's bike all the way back from Penticton so I am hoping she picked up a few tips and we will be faster next year!

Tonight I am going to get on the bike again, this time inside. We got season 3 of Nip/Tuck so I have a date with the TV tonight:)

Leslie

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Thanks for the update Leslie!! Glad to hear you are back into the swing of things. I got the Nip/Tuck season 4 recently and am onto Disc 2! I bought season 3 last year - love it!