Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hey,

It has been an uneventful few days. We have been keeping it pretty quiet around the house, not doing too much.

For New Years we watched the Canada vs US hockey game and went out to the keg for dinner which is always yummy!

Training wise, I went to the gym last Monday to run and do weights and I had an awesome workout. I did these balancing lunges with the bosu ball and holly crap my quads were sore for 3 days....only using body weight! I hadn't done them in about a year....I forgot how much they hurt! I have done a couple of rides on the trainer this week, not as intense as in class but I was sweating it up regardless! Today I am going to squeeze in my run that I missed on Wednesday.

This weekend I have a run, bike and swim to do. That's right is is January and time to stop slacking in the pool. A little birdie must have told Greg that my swim time hasn't changed in 3 years....hmmmm wonder who that was. Needless to say I think I am in for it in the pool this year.

Onto another topic....we went to see Marley & Me last night and if you own or have owned a dog you should watch this movie. I swear the beginning of that movie has been our life for the last month! There were a few parts that had us laughing pretty good. There is a cry warning on this one though!

Other than that there are no new years resolutions for this chickie.....I am going to try and cook dinner more though. Who likes to cook after work and training???? Not me. I don't like to cook at the best of times!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Happy New Year Leslie!