Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Hey bloggers!

I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays...I know I am! Last week my last day of work was on Tuesday and then I had 5 days off....yippee. I am back to work now though; turns out people don't like to come in and get weighed after Christmas because we have had no shows and cancellations like crazy!

On Tuesday last week I went home and crashed...I was spent. I don't think I moved for the entire night once I got home from work!

Wednesday morning we were up getting Rexy organised and then we took her to the vet. Our vet is awesome, he spends tons of time with us, asking us questions, answering our questions, and informs us of every option we have. Our little puppy somehow hurt her foot and had been limping since Sunday night, so we ended up putting her on anti-biotics. She seems better now and is running around more than ever. She let him poke and prod her a little bit....only tried to chew on him a few times:) I think the most interesting part was that there is a puppy from the same litter that goes to that clinic! We found out that Rexy weight 2 kg more than her sister!!! She almost doubled her weight in one month.....which means she is growing like a weed!

Once we left the vet clinic we (and by we I mean Chad) had some last minute shopping to do! we spent most of the day running all over the city which sounds awful but actually wasn't that bad.

That night we went to Nathan and Tara's (chad's brother and girlfriend) as they were having a little get together. After being there for an hour or so we headed out to Crossfield. We got out to Crossfield around 9:30 and relaxed for the first time since we left the house that morning! I did plan to bring my bike out....but we ended up getting Nathan a shop vac and so there was no room for my bike:(

Christmas day we didn't do too much, lazed around (in total I think I had 3 naps), had dinner, after dinner we did gift opening. I got about half way dressed to go for a run only to discover I had forgotten my jacket. I went and checked the temperature which turned out to be mind but the wind was howlin'. The only other jacket I had to wear was my giant helly hansen jacket....not exactly breathable! Needless to say I took another mini hiatus from training.

Other than that all we did was play games, watch movies, and sleep....ahhh sleep. Chad got up with Rexy a couple of times and so I got to sleep in which hasn't happened in forever!

Since we have come back to the city and have been on training schedule since then....and I actually feel really good. I biked on Saturday for 75 min, working on aerobic stuff and I ran yesterday for about an hour. I wanted to go for longer...and I could have but since my training has been so broken up over the last couple of weeks I decided to end it wanting to do more! It was beautiful yesterday though, nice and warm out, fresh snow....this is the winter running I enjoy!

I am going to the gym after work tonight to do some weights and run on the tready.

No comments: