Monday, January 5, 2009

Like a Fish......not quite!

Hi Friends!

It has been another busy weekend for moi. Saturday started out early, I heard Rexy moving at around 9:00am.....which seemed early because I was up until 2am on Friday! We lazed around in the morning, had a little nap and then I stuck her in the bedroom with Chad to get him up for the day! It works like a charm....had I known this we may have got a dog ages ago!

We went and did some errands, stopped by at Tri It to do some post Christmas shopping! Chad got a new cycling jacket and I bought a new swim suit (see below). After that we went home so I could get a bike in before we headed to Allan and Karen's visit and introduce the dogs!


Sunday was chaotic. I was awake at 8:00 am.....which is awful for a Sunday. After tossing and turning for awhile I accepted I wasn't going back to sleep. I headed out for my run just before 10:00; the weather network said -8 with little to no wind....liars. The way I dressed I should have been toasty warm for those weather conditions, but it felt waaaaaay colder than that. I was frozen by the time I got home. I was out there for about 70 min and totally bitter that I wasn't curled up where it was warm with a good book! I made it home and had a hothothot shower and then I had to go to work at the tech shop.

We were ridiculously busy all day....turns out people like to shop after Christmas! Once I got home from work we met up with Chad's cousin Johnny and his girlfriend Chyndelle for dinner. We took care of (well actually Chad took care of) Johnny's place over the holidays so he treated us to dinner at the Keg. Chad and I were going swimming after so we had to be careful with what we were eating!

This was my first "official" program swim for me....that's right I actually have to swim more than once per month now. It went okay, I always feel awkward for the first couple of swims until I get back into the groove. Greg watched me a bit and gave me some technique stuff to work on....I have a rebellious right arm! I only did like 1200m in 45 min...there may have been some chatting and a lot of resting!

I have a good week ahead of me. I found last week hard because I worked for a couple of days, then off, work, off, work, off....it is hard to get into routine with that kind of schedule!

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Keith said...

I love the suit!!! LOVE IT!!