Monday, January 26, 2009

Sleepy Weekend

Hi Gang,

I definitely caught up on sleep this weekend. I wish I was one of those people who didn't need a lot of sleep, but I am. Everyone tells me as I get older my need for sleep will go down....there has been improvement but I still require a lot.

Friday after work Rexy and I got home (she comes to work with me on Fridays) and both hit the couch hard. We slept until around 8pm...we got up...I fed her...she went back to sleep:) Turns out visiting people all day is tough work for a puppy.

Saturday I got up and did some house work and then hopped on my bike. At first I thought the workout would drag on, but once I got into my sets I was fine. I did 90 min with a 20 min run afterwards...outside....brrrr! I think it took me 10 min to change my clothes and put on enough layers so I wouldn't freeze out there. All and all it was a good workout.

Later on Saturday we met up with Nathan and Jasper at the dog park. Rexy looked pretty funny running around in booties and a jacket but the poor little girl doesn't have a lot of hair. Chad FINALLY broke down and agreed with me that she needs the jacket when it is cold outside....even though she looks stupid. We ended off the day with a family dinner and then we rented a movie a both fell asleep on the couch.

Sunday I was reluctant to get up so I took Rexy out and then stuck her back in her kennel and it was back to bed for me. Every once in awhile I would hear squeeking....she managed to get a toy into her kennel and the squeek, squeek, squeek began. Chad of course heard nothing!

Since it warmed up to around -10 I didn't have to bust out as many layers for this run. I was toasty warm the entire time until about 10 min from home I was out of the sun and my damp gloves made my hands so freaking cold! I did 90 min, still trying to increase my leg turnover but I wasn't nearly as focused so I don't think I did a very good job. It was also pretty icy and there was a lot of snow so in some places I had to step carefully!

We met up with Nathan and Jasper again at the dog park and there were doggies EVERYWHERE!! Rexy was having a fine time, especially since it was so nice out. She did get caught up with a bunch of dogs and then Chad had to go and chase her down!

I tried my best to get out of going swimming last night. I was tired from my run and I wanted to be lazy again...or go to a movie. If we didn't have to meet Darryl at the pool I don't think either Chad or myself would have made it to the pool last night! Anyway, I managed a 45 min swim with some 100's, some 200's, some drill, some pull.

Today I have to cook up some meals for the week, run, weights, and walk the Rex-dog. Hopefully if I have more time put some new tunes on my IPOD...I don't think I can handle another workout with the 20 songs I have on there!

No comments: