Friday, January 9, 2009

Onwards and Upwards

Hey bloggers,

My body seems to be on the mend, I still can't eat a lot.....or any meat for that matter but I am getting better.

Last night I went to spin class and Greg worked us out pretty good. We did more sets of hard gear/low cadence then switching to low gear/high cadence or vice versa. I actually felt better after training.....and hungry too!

Tonight I may hit the pool for a quick swim. Fridays are usually my days off, but so to the lack of exercise this week I am going to get into the freezing cold, stinky chlorine water. Chad did get me a special body wash for Christmas that is supposed to help with the removal of chlorine from the skin!

I am pumped that it is supposed to warm up for awhile....mostly so that we can take our little monster out of the house because otherwise she has waaaay too much energy and then we have to deal with the consequences!

Here are some stories for you Shannon!

- I have never in my life had a dog that LOVES peanut butter (the only human food we give her) as much as she does. She will hear the pantry open (that perks her up) and if she hears silverware noise she is on me like a bee to honey! She will NOT leave me alone, I usually dip a spoon in and let her lick it out....but she isn't very good at it so she will have PB all over her face, my clothes, the cupboards, dishwasher....you name it!

- She has learned that if she jumps on things she can get closer to whatever it is we take away from her. I will try and get a picture of her doing this; she climbs onto the couch....then onto her crate which is behind the couch and then try to get onto the counter to get the peanut butter or whatever else she can.

- Her other favorite game is laundry. She will follow us around grabbing random socks, shirts, whatever she can and then runs and runs and runs until we can get ahold of her to get it back. We have a few random holes in our clothes now!

- What a life change she has been. The other night I was cleaning the bathroom and had to do it with one hand on her and the other to clean....because she licks EVERYTHING that she isn't trying to chew!

- oh and she loves armpits.....especially if you have just workout....very hard to do anything when your dog will not leave your armpits alone!

Tonight we are going to bath her (well shower with her is more like it:), clean her ears, clip her nails and then we will take some updated pics. Not that in a picture you will be able to tell that her ears are cleaner!

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hope you're feeling better! That is too bad about the food poisoning - what did you eat? Funny stuff about the puppy, too. I hear ya about the laundry, Hugo is the exact same way and always steals socks to play with.

Happy training and enjoy the beautiful weather!