Thursday, January 15, 2009

I've got this funny feeling in my legs...

Hey guys,

Well I can tell that I am back into the swing of my training....I have this familiar feeling in my body (my legs mostly) ....they are letting me know that I am using them. I only did 3 training sessions in total last week, it is amazing how quickly the body comes back from that.

Tuesday night after class was when the leg ache really set in. Greg seems determined to kick our asses back into shape after the Christmas hiatus. I was feeling really good during warm ups and the first 4 sets went really well. After the fifth set I remember saying"man that was hard" and then the sixth set came and my legs were like jello. I think that in part in may be due to the fact that Greg wasn't riding that night...you know what that means....I had my personal gear shifter. Every time I say this Chad gives me this look like he doesn't think it was that hard. I think it is time for him to eat his non existent words and come to class again.

On Wednesday I could still feel the post spin ache, normally it is gone by the next morning. I was dreading my run; it was snowing like crazy, my legs were tired, and on Sunday when I ran my heart rate was all over the place. I layered up and headed out looking like the michelin (sp?) man in tights...if you can picture that. To my surprise my run was great. I felt good, I was toasty warm, AND my heart rate was the best it has been since last summer. Are you ready for the numbers Greg.....128-134 was where I hovered for most of my run....and when I was in the 120's I wasn't going down hill:):):) What the????

Wednesday night I met Chad and Darryl at the pool. Chad had jumped in and was swimming away while Darryl and I stood on the edge talking about how the air temperature affects how you perceive the temp of the water. In case you are not a swimmer the worst part of the swim is jumping into a freezing cold pool. I HATE HATE HATE getting in the water....it doesn't matter if it is - 20 or +20 outside.....it feels friggin frosty either way.

I eventually got in and started swimming and I can honestly say that it felt good last night. My swimming arms are coming back to me. I was able to do 200m-400m sets, I know that's not very long but last week I could only do 100m at a time! I did a whole 2 km last night...whoa!
Mostly drills and pull, but I was in the water and moving forward so it counts! Get this, Chad and Darryl got out to go to the hot tub and I stayed in to get my full 60min of swimming in. I never thought the day would come.

I have been reading everyone's blog, I think this is such a good way to motivate yourself and see what other people are doing. It is nice to know that everyone has the highs and lows....and that I'm not the only one. I only read a couple of pro's blogs but sometimes I am amazed at how much they train and what their body's can do. I have been reading Bree Wee's blog and she is in Canada for a training camp (her blog is neat because she just finished her first year as a pro), anyway they were doing 6km to 7.5 km swims. Holly crap that's a long time to swim. They are doing 3 workouts per day, granted this is their job and I do it for fun....but still it is neat to see how much elite athletes train to get to where they are.

Anyway, I have spin class tonight. My legs are tired but I know they are ready for a spin. Oh I forgot to mention that my bike time on Tuesday was 2:05....first ride over 2 hours since Ironman!

6 comments:

Iron Greg said...

Very nice!! :) Good job on the run and the swim!! And yes, it is time we get Chad back in for another fun bike class!!!!

Jenna said...

Hey...sounds like you are set to go!! Have a great training season (i read Bree's too and OMG - that is some hard ass time she is putting in). Good luck in Mexico :)

Anonymous said...

Bravo, what necessary words..., a brilliant idea

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I assume nice post. Specially the designation attracted me to read the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)