Monday, December 22, 2008

Doggy Update





















Hey bloggers!

Interesting fact: Canada hasn't seen a white Christmas since the early 1970's....that is coast to coast all white!

Anyway since I don't have much to update about my training (or lack thereof) I figured I would chat about Rexy since lots of people have been asking about her. She is a little bundle of energy and growing like a weed, I swear her ears get bigger everyday! :)

She knows how to sit, laydown, shake a paw, almost play dead....we are so close with that one. She is a bit of a mischif maker.....if we can't hear her that means she has found something to chew. Where she finds this stuff sometimes I will never know! Chad swears that she doesn't know what "no" means....but I know that she does....the little buggar!
House training is going well. We are still having a hard time getting her to tell us when she's gotta go! We are bell training her at home now; everytime we take her out we have her hit a bell with her paw and the idea is that she will put it togther and go to hit the bell when she wants go out. We did make it through the weekend accident free though!

I may be biased but I think she is the cutest, smartest, sweetest doggy out there.....okay, okay of course I am biased!

Okay back to the training side of life. This weekend I did nothing....I am ashamed to admit it. I have been having a hard time balancing out my life lately. I feeling like I am treading water and just barely keeping afloat.

This weekend for example; I wanted to visit with family and not have to limit my time spent with them because I needed to go for a run, for a swim, for a bike ride. They all supported me so much leading up to Ironman and I had to sacrifice time with them to train. So this weekend I pulled the plug and enjoyed visiting with them and tried not to worry about the training I was missing!

I did better than I normally do, but even last night I was trying to figure out if I could get home by 9-10 pm and still have time to squeeze in the bike I missed on Saturday! I need to learn how to let it go; also when it is important to worry about missed training sessions.

Having said all of this I know that the weather is not helping a lot. It is not an excuse but it is a lot harder to train when you can't go outside! Everything takes a little longer when it is cold outside, so going to the gym takes me FOREVER!!!

My goal over the holidays is to reorganise so I don't have as much to worry about once January hits and I am able to do everything that I want to get done in the course of a day. Chad and I talked about moving things around in our apartment to make it more puppy friendly.
That's everything on my mind lately....I gotta say I feel better putting it all out there. Tonight I have some errands to run and I am going to go to the gym. If I don't blog before Christmas I hope everyone has a great holiday!

2 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

oh my god she is sooo adorable Leslie!! Both she and Hugo have big ears! Hugo would love her! We will have to get them together sometime soon.

Don't worry about your training right now - enjoy the holidays while they're here!

runningman said...

nice pictures, she's like a different dog she's grown that much!!