Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the snow....it is a wee bit cold outside though. How about -7 to about -10 with no wind??? That's what I would like the weather to do!

I have been a blog slacker lately. I am feeling the Christmas crunch (as I am sure everyone is:)....lots of things to do, busy at work, shopping, I haven't done a stitch of baking, visiting, etc.

Here's what is going on in my training world:

Friday - off
Saturday - went to the gym to bike and do weights (yes I hauled my bike over there in the freezing cold!).
Sunday - I was going to run but the cold scared me away....and I was at work for like 9 hours....on a Sunday....for my part time job....I wasn't too happy. Oh and my car was frozen solid and I couldn't get into it. Not good.
Monday - I ran on the tready for 45 min and attempted to do weights. I was still sore from Saturday though!
Tuesday - Spin class which was very very challenging. Greg had us do a mix of high cadence (easy gear) and lower cadence (harder gear) within a set....wowzers. It was a challenging workout....and everybody said that... not just me. I came up with an new name for Greg....Gear Switcher Greg. I think I like it better when he rides because then he isn't wandering around checking out what we are up to! There were a couple of sneak attacks in there on Tuesday. On the last set he came over and said "lets see what you can do" and bumped the gear down another one! Since I am not one to back down from a challenge I spun away and my legs felt like they were going to fall off and my lungs were just a burning. It took me about 4-5 minutes to recover to the point where I was able to talk again!
Wednesday - I went for a run out in the cold cold weather. It actually wasn't too bad out there. I hate the wind, it was only -15 but when you added the wind chill it made it -25. Of course me with all of my smarts didn't check the wind chill factor until AFTER I was done running. I always have good intentions of going swimming on Wednesday night but I don't get home until 7:30 and I can't seem to make myself go back out the door!

Today my legs are tired but I am going to spin tonight and we are having a little get together afterwards! This weekend we are headed up to Edmonton to visit family. Next week I have to work Monday and Tuesday....and then I am off for 5 days...yesssssss.

Have a great weekend! Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Too bad the weather is so cold or I would suggest we should meet up this weekend! I don't want to drive anywhere, though - it is so COLD and miserable. I will be staying inside all weekend! Are you bringing Rexy - in that case I might have to make a special trip to see her!