Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snuffalufagus

I have officially caught Chad's cold....boooo. It's not too bad but I have a serious case of the sniffles and a sore throat. I can still function mostly a-ok.

Monday's run went well...as well as it can go when running on a treadmill. I did watch a program (without sound) talking about Matt Hughes (UFC fighter) and his training schedule. It was kind of neat to see how they go about training for that style of martial arts. For weights I continued along with my olympic lifts. I was able to increase the weight a bit this week. It is amazing how much of a difference 5 lbs can make! My lats were good and sore over the last couple of days so its working the right muscles!

Tuesday night was bike class.....time trial night! Last time I was is the small ring on my bike (easier) and this time Greg pushed me up with the big boys and into the big ring (which makes it harder:). My heart rate was a few beats higher at one point, but I was also working a lot harder! The most exciting part of the night was when I FINALLY HAD SWEAT DRIPS. This is the first time on the bike where I was actually dripping onto the floor.....nice! I just have to have my heart rate up to 170 to do it!

Yesterday I went for a 45 min run along the river. It was really nice outside and I was able to keep my ticker under control! I felt pretty good even with the time trial the night before. I had every intention of going swimming last night but I got off work late, got stuck in traffic (at 7:30pm I might add), and had a wicked head ache.....so I stayed home with my crazy energetic puppy. If I had a dime for every time I have to tell her "no" for chewing on everything I would be a millionaire!!!!

Tonight I am off to bike class again. I will have to make sure I have tissues on hand, once I warm up the nose will be running!!! Tomorrow I have the day off training. I have another busy weekend ahead of me; Saturday we have a Christmas party and Sunday I have to work....with an extra training session in there. I doubt if I will be home before 8:30 or 9:00 pm.

Have a great weekend everyone, try to stay warm!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hope your cold goes away soon! I skipped my swim on Tuesday, too - no motivation!

Chad Geiger said...

You swim skippers!!!!!!! If you don't start swimming soon I'm going to motorboat right by you two! I can kind of actually paddle myself through water now! Watch out!