Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tuned up and ready to go!

The countdown to IMC continues, 17 more days! Holly crap! I took my bike in on Tuesday and now I am ready to roll. The guy told me although my bike was a little small and when he tested it out (all the while his knees were hitting his elbows) it felt fast!! He said that Lucy is ready to go....now it is all up to me!

It has been an interesting week, one with a lot of reflection. With Grant passing away, Jenna's father being in a car accident, one of my clients friends passed away from an elective surgery leaving behind 2 babies. My heart goes out to these families and I wish them all the best during this tough time.

For those of you who don't know, my mom and step father passed away 2 years ago in July (5 days before my first half ironman I might add...that was the toughest race I will ever do I am sure). Needless to say July is a tough month for me and I am happy it is done. While with Ironman training it kept me very busy there are always those rough spots. I guess with all that has gone on in the last 10 days it hits home a little hard, maybe because I can empathise with the families a little more now. I know my mom and Blair will there with me on race day pushing me through those damn rollers :)

Yesterday I went for a run at around lunchtime. My legs were ok, still a little tired but that is to be expected right now I think! Last night it was off to the pool and the water temp was a tad colder than normal. After my warm up I stopped and chatted with Darryl for a bit, who was shivering it was so cold! We decided moving is the only thing that will keep us warm so the workout went on. I wasn't particularly into the whole swimming thing last night. About 1/2 way through my last set of 50's my arms were not cooperating so I put on some fins and zoom zoomed my way through the rest of my workout. My favorite part was sitting in the hot tube after chatting up a storm. Do all triathletes LOVE to talk about triathlon as much as I do! I find it motivating chit chatting with other athletes!

I stopped by the Tech Shop today to visit my friend Richelle....who is also coming out to Ironman and who is going to "catch" me when I finish. I told her I will do my best not to throw up or pass out on her! THANK YOU RICHELLE, you rock!

Tonight we are going to do some hills....but not the Cochrane hill. Who knows what Greg has in store for us but I am going to miss that monster of a hill....we are on for a rematch next summer!

Happy training all!

Leslie

2 comments:

runningman said...

wooo hooooo good post. You looked fantastic cruisin up those hills. Thanks for fetching my bottle, did you find yours?

Chad Geiger said...

Lance would have been mighty angry if you would have lost and forgotten one of his Discovery team water bottles, Leslie!

Yeah, I agree, the last little bit (July) always does seem to suck a bit. Even the weather for the most part sucked. Weird.

It just occurred to me that nobody else knows what we are talking about with the water bottle unless they were there.... you better update your blog tomorrow!

Chad