Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Duds

Hey!!!! Here is Chad and I trying on our new Legend Coaching Jerseys!!!

It has been a busy few days, which is why it has taken me forever to update my blog. So here we go, on Wednesday I went for my run....which went well as far as I can remember. I did some tempo pace intervals, I think I always go too hard when I do these but it was fun to be giviner.

Wednesday night I went swimming and I was ready to start yelling at people to get the hell out of my lane. The pool was really busy and I had more randoms swimming around than I knew what to do with. I turned into a pool bully and swam over top and really close to anyone who was came near me. Is is soooooo incredibly hard to swim in a round.....arrrrrggggggghhhhhh. Okay I am done my rant.

Thursday I went a got my hair done...it is many nice shades of blond and all cut and thinned out so my head might be able to breathe a little during ironman. If anyone has really thick hair out there you will know what I am talking about.

Thursday was the last group ride and it was definitely bittersweet. I am excited to be done Ironman, but what on earth I am going to do with myself??? Last night I cleaned the entire house, bathroom was scrubbed, floors, dusting, mirrors windexed, plants watered...hmmmmm too much time. Anyway we went and did a few more hills in Tuscany and everyone was chatting it up about when they are heading out to penticton, where they are staying, what there numbers are, etc. Sooooo excited.

Okay. On Friday one of my clients who I get along great with came in. I love chatting with her about Ironman, biking, whatever. She gave me a card wishing me good luck and some americano moucha so we can have dinner on her once we get to the states. I was really touched and it was so very very nice of her, thanks Sue!!!

Friday after work I went for massage, this was a new guy so I was a little nervous. I got there and he asked me a million questions about how I feel when I am swimming, biking, and running. Then he put the through some tests, kinda like when you go to physio and they are trying to figure out what is wrong with you. Well my shoulders are not so happy with me....I learned that quickly. He did a different kind of massage (it was still the painful kind I assure you), he would go along the muscle and find the knots and apply a painful amount of pressure until it subsided. It wasn't the standard deep tissue massage. I am still sore from this little experiment, but my shoulders feel really good! He even worked on my feet and guess what....no more cramps while swimming! Apparently there is a lot going on in my right shoulder that used to be injured, my calfs, back, hamstrings, adductors.....hmmm you get the idea.

I have finally decided what I am wearing on race day. I always new the jersey, but the shorts have been decided so here you go:

Bike clothes




and run clothes





If you have ever watched a triathlon before (which most of you have:) it is hard to spot the person....look for the clothes not the person. And whenever you see anyone in the same jersey be sure to cheer loudly as they are my peeps!

Okay, back to training. Yesterday I went for a 2 hour bike with a t-run and is was hottttt! My legs were not so forgiving for about the first 10 km of the bike and then they started to warm up. The run was not pretty at all, my hamstrings were still sore as were various other areas of my body so I was thankful I only had to run for 20 min!

Today I have to run and swim. Chad wanted to get a bike ride in, but since he is still sleeping I am not too sure when that will happen. I need to do some "special needs bag" errands today for the bike and the run.

Oooooooh and Chad bought sidewalk chalk, it was on sale so that is very exciting!

It was also my Aunt Nanette's birthday yesterday, so Happy day late birthday!

Oh and Lisa I hope you had a great race....I just got your message on my blog this morning, sorry about that. It would have been nice to meet up with you and Geoff.

Okay gotta go, time to stop procrastinating and get something done!

Bye!


2 comments:

Iron Greg said...

Love the pic of you and Chad!!! Looks great, and fast!!!
Drive safe, see you out here soon :)

Nanette said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Your apparel is stunning and now I'll know what to look for. Can't wait to cheer for you from the sidelines!! See you in a few days....