Monday, August 11, 2008

Read Chad's Blog First

In order for this post to make sense you will need to read Chad's blog first....the one where he is making fun of me for being grumpy.

It is true, I probably have been a little hard to live with lately. There is a few things that tend to make me grumpy:

1. Lack of sleep or when I am fatigued.
2. When my training doesn't go according to plan.
3. When I am hungry - last week I couldn't seem to be full, even directly after I ate my stomach would be grumbling!
4. When my IBS acts up - my stomach has been ridiculously sensitive lately.
5. When my house is messy.

With all of these things happening at once...YIKES....LOOK OUT :) :) :) I have also been fairly busy at work and working extra. I am so excited to leave and enjoy some time away....9 more days until we leave.

This weekend was okay. I got up on Saturday morning and went into work for a few hours. I was home by noon, not ready to go biking yet I went and read my book on the patio and chilled out for while. I also may have had a nap....ahhhhhhh....it was great! After I was done napping and Chad got up (he was up all night watching the mens road race for the Olympics) we went out to Crossfield to bike to Madden. It was tons of fun. We had a cross wind on the way out, biking into a storm, but we were cruising. On the way back the wind picked up a lot but it was one wicked tail wind on the way back. We flew!!! If I had to guess I would say the wind was around 70 km with gusts up to 80ish! It is 40 km to Madden and back and we did it in 70 min....I wasn't even drafting!

Once we got back into town we decided to ride with the wind a little more and head east of Crossfield. There is this ridiculously steep coulee out there and Chad wanted to ride it. Not one to say no to a challenge I was in. We rode for a little ways and we stopped to talk about turning around...turning back into the wind was not fun! I was in a hard gear and I couldn't even get my foot in my pedal. I had to go with the wind, clip in, gear down, and then turn around. We went from riding at 50km/hr to 15 km/hr. Ouch. We made it up the crappy hill and Chad wanted to do it again...so down we went again. The wind had died down a little more this time around but we made it back into Crossfield, rode around for a bit to cool down. I took Nathan and Tara's dog Jasper (Chad's brother and his girlfriend) out on my transition run with me. While she made it interesting I felt good and we went for 20 min. Of course by this time there was no wind. I think it stopped while I was in the house changing.....it always seems to work that way.

On Sunday I slept in, which was glorious. Once I got up I went for an 80 min run. I was surprised that I felt good....weird...hmmm. When I got home Chad and I went to buy a new camera! Yeah! I love pictures as does Chad so this was a good investment for us. Later that afternoon we went home and I had another nap. My stomach was really acting up so I curled up on the couch and slept. I really hate having to deal with the pain and discomfort that I get sometimes. I know it could be worse, but it still sucks. It was acting up a little all week and ever since Saturday afternoon it has been getting worse. I hope that I can get this out of my system before Ironman.

I am ready to be done the race now and go on holidays, hopefully this week goes by fast. Oooooooh and I have a haircut on Thursday which I am very excited for. Anyway, I am going to have a cup of peppermint tea now to try and sooth my stomach and intestines which seem to be very angry with me.

Happy Training everyone!

No comments: