Wednesday, August 13, 2008

IMC # - 1791

I just saw Darryl's blog and he posted his number.....soooo I went and found mine and I am 1791. Whoot whoot!!! I am really really filled with nervous emotions now, I really do have to do this race. Whoa. All this time I have been okay and not really concerned with this whole Ironman thing....funny that getting my bib number makes it real.

In other news, I have been in need of a massage. It was no biggie because my massage therapist works a few doors down from me. I wandered down there yesterday to make an appointment to find out he no longer works there. Alrighty....that sucks. I tried to get in with the other one, nothing would work. So in a panic I emailed Richelle and she is gonna try and get me in with one of her peeps sometime on Friday. Whew. My hips will not be very happy with me if I don't get worked on before I go!

Hmmmm, what else. I have my race plan printed and ready to be read over and over again in the next week and a half. I asked Greg to have a look over my nutrition plan, so hopefully all will run smoothly.

Wow, still a little excited from the race number thing....

I also found out yesterday that another one of my friends from the gym, Leroy, is going to be in Penticton for Ironman. Chad told me that last night....he wasn't very good at getting the details though. Oh well, I have him working on it. Anyway I was pretty pumped.

Oh yeah I have been training too! On Monday I was having digestive issues and I didn't get any training done. I went home after work and curled up on the couch in the fetal position....and had a nap. That's 3 naps in 3 days...apparently I am a little tired.

Last night I biked and did what I was supposed to do on Monday! I went down elbow drive which is not the smoothest road apparently. I rode in traffic for an hour and didn't get hit by a car, things are looking good!

Today I am going for a run and I have to swim later tonight. Hopefully they have the heat on in the pool this week! I am tired of freezing my butt off.

Chad and I went to Batman on Sunday and I thought it was awesome. I loved it! Chad thought it was good, but I thought it was REALLY good! I have been addicted to the Olympics since they have started as well. I come home everyday and check out whats happening. I like watching all of the different athletes, they work so hard to get to where they're at. My friend who I grew up with is cycling (you can see the link to his blog- Zach Bell) on Saturday. I am super pumped for him and I think he is going to have a wonderful first Olympics. I tell everyone I used to train with him....it's true! He was always a lot faster than me on his bike when we were kids! Who knew???

I'll keep you posted as to how things are going. I think Chad is going to try and update on race day if we can find Internet! Ahhhhhh 11 more days!!!!

Happy Training

Leslie

2 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hey Leslie - I am getting really excited for you! Can't wait to track your race on the IM live site! You are going to do awesome and most importantly have a really fun time!

I have been watching a lot of the Olympics - it is addicting! You should watch the triathlon on Sunday at 8pm (women), and Mon. at 8pm (men).

Lisa Ulrich said...

Hey Leslie - WE're coming to Calgary tonight. Let me know if you want to come out for dinner tomorrow evening. My cell is (780) 903 2350. Hope to see you guys this weekend!