Monday, March 9, 2009

This girl can sleep...

I tried to tell Chad yesterday that he sleeps more than me...but when I think about it we both are about even...maybe. I slept a lot this weekend; I fell asleep at around 12 on Friday (I know...BIG Friday night for me:), I had a nap on saturday, and 2 naps on Sunday! Where did this come from????

In and around all of this sleeping I did train. Friday I didn't train as it was my day off of training, but I did walk Rexy! I also made 3 doctors appointments and got my passport taken care of!

Saturday I was up early, at 8:30 to be exact. Rexy was ready to wake up and as she continued to figit...I could not sleep. So out of bed and cleaning house nice and early. I did get on my bike later in the day for a 90 min ride, which was oddly tough for an aerobic ride! I ran down to tri-it after, it took me about 30 min to get there and meet Chad who was buying some gear! Richelle helped us out and got him suited up for his upcoming triathlon season!

Sunday we were up early to go to rock climbing. Chad organised lessons for a group to go in and learn how to rock climb. I can tell you that my legs were fine...a few moments of burning, but my forearms are sooooo sore today. ouch ouch ouch. Opening doors has never been so tough! It was a lot of fun to do something different, I am looking forward to next week.

Last night we met up for a swim...I started the workout, but after a couple of bathroom breaks due to bowel issues Greg had me doing technique work! I was sooo happy to get into the hottub at the end to try and warm up with the rediculous weather we are having!

I did skip my long run yesterday, 90 minutes in the crazy ice wind we have had lately was too much even for me! I am not a fairweather runner by any means, but -30 is a little too cold even for me!

Which brings me to today. I am having a little bit of an internal battle trying to figure out what to do! Should I run outside, or maybe go across the city to the gym (a 20 minute drive in the snow for a shorter run), or ask Greg if I can bike in the comforts of my warm house??? Option number 3 is looking the best for me right now! I feel like I should run because we have the moonlight run on Saturday!!! First run of the year and hopefully it won't be snowing! My fingers are crossed for good weather.

1 comment:

Susi said...

stay indoors!! LOL. the biking will translate into running fitness so it's all good. that said, i'm going to attempt a short 30 min run this after. eep.

hey, are you going to get any Hepititis shots for Coz? I'm debating whether or not I should.