Tuesday, March 10, 2009

No longer a WOWzer

Hey,

So it is official I have made the switch...I am no longer a member of Work Out World (where Chad works). Last night we joined the Talisman center, it didn't make sense having a gym completely out of the way and one that doesn't have a pool in it??? We have been debating this for a long time, so we decided to join. I am sad to be leaving WOW, I made a lot of friends there but I am excited to have a new place to train that is 5 mins away from my house. This saves me about 30 min driving time just to go to the gym!

Having said that I ran for the first time ever last night on an indoor track. Better than the treadmill, but I will always prefer the great outdoors:) My workout was shorter than planned, but by the time we signed up I didn't have much time left. I warmed up (where Chad will be happy to say he passed me a million times) and then got a good solid 10 min of tempo in, that coupled with cool down and a few strides, I managed to squeeze in the important stuff!

My knees have started being a little sore again lately....stupid IT bands anyway. I need to stretch more! I get really lazy with this so I am going to put a solid effort in to start stretching again!

I am off to spin tonight, who knows what Greg has in store for us....what I do know is that I am not doing a brick in -30...Brrrrrr.

1 comment:

Susi said...

hey i'll see you guys at talisman next sunday - gregory is going to scope out my swim techniques and give me the scoop! we were talking about coz last night too and accommodations. yay!

btw, i have a miracle worker accupuncturist who can zap your IT bands in one session. she is god, i swear. let me know if you want her contact deets.