Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I had this dream

I go through cycles of not sleeping well (I think everyone does!) and last night after swimming I finally fell asleep and I had a dream about Ironman. As per usual when dreaming everything was a little skewed but it went something like this; there were different organisers for IMC and they had us start by jumping into a fast flowing river which flow into okanagan lake and then we swam the usual course. They started the race early and I wasn't in my wetsuit yet so I had to jump in the river holding my wetsuit and then when we came out at the lake I was trying to put it on while I was wet...and giving the race directors hell for such a stupid race start...and then I woke up! Once I got back to sleep it went onto the bike, but I don't remember much of what happened after that. How random??

I have never had a triathlon related dream before!

Yesterday's run would have been great training if I was a trail runner. I was jumping forwards, sideways, you name it around all of the slush, puddles etc. A lot of where I was hadn't been shoveled and it was like running through mashed potatoes...I'm not kidding. It was a lot of fun, and I was very wet when I got back.

Last night at swimming Greg decided to torture me yet again with the same workout but this time starting with 400's going down to 100's with 4 x 25m fast in between. Not as bad as last time, but we also couldn't finish the workout due to lack of time...which could be why it wasn't as bad. For the set of the 300's I (tried) to hop onto Darryl and Greg feet and draft, they took turns leading and I held on for dear life. 300m goes by much faster when all you can focus on is keeping up with the feet in front of you and breathing!

Tonight is time trial. I missed the last one so it should be interesting to find out where I am at. With the new trainer I may have some gear shifting going on to find the right intensity! The nice thing about time trial is that it is only 20 min long...so it is over relatively fast!

Happy Training everyone!!!!

2 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

good luck on the time trial leslie! I got behind on reading but finally now I am all caught up again!

Jenna said...

lol... nice race start!!!