Monday, March 2, 2009

Still alive...

Hey guys!

On Thursday I thought I was getting better...key word thought! I had a nutrition seminar to go to that night and by the time I got home things were going downhill...very quickly.

I woke up on Friday morning dizzy, congested, and not able to talk. I went into work for 2 hours and then went home for the rest of the day. It was awful. I was laid out on the couch all day and all night. Chad went to Prelate, Sask (and if you don't know where that is that's okay....no one does:) with his dad and Rexy to visit his Grandma. So I was all by myself bachin' it for the weekend.

I woke up Saturday morning to my phone ringing over and over. Once I dragged myself out of bed it was Chad calling to tell me that Rexy had eaten yet another sock and was throwing up. The only thing I can figure is that she is getting them when I do laundry. So she was getting sick and not eating and in the middle of no where!

I have not trained now for 7 days...I can not remember the last time I went that long without exercise. I did walk the dog twice, that counts right??? I am going to go for a run today and see how that goes, I am on the mend...well hopefully anyway!

This weekend is the time change...yay...the days are getting longer and so we are that much closer to summer!

4 comments:

Marc Sharkey said...

Sorry to hear about your horrible weekend. Hope you feel better soon! And good luck running! You might want to go sock shopping your probably running low by now :)

Shannon Wicks said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad...like you said, they seemed to have caught it early which is a good thing.

As for not training, I had something similiar which took me out for 2 weeks.

Hang in there and get well!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Oh no Leslie - I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. Don't worry about your training right now, just take care of yourself and get better!

Susi said...

have no fear my friend, there is plenty of training time, so 7 days off is totally cool. i hope you feel better soon though, just for the fact that no one likes to be sick for so long! poor rexy...i'm thinkin you need to get her hoooked on chew toys instead of socks, haha.