Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Rexy's First Run!

Hi Friends!

On Wednesday I went for a 40 min run along the river and then for my cool down I zipped home and got Rexy and took her out for a 10 min jog! At first she thought we were playing and she was jumping all over the place, but after a couple of blocks she settled in and even ran beside me for a bit! I won't be able to take her for a "run" until she is a year, but I wanted to start with little ones so she gets used to the idea.

By the time I got to swimming on Wednesday I was ready for bed. We got in the pool and did some 400's, building up the endurance a bit! Greg told me that my catch is looking better, its not a habit yet though because as soon as I don't think about it I resort back to my old ways!

Last night I had to fight traffic to make it to bike class. I got there and was on my bike for 5 min before we started warm ups! We did 3 x 20 min sets last night, but I got off easy and only had to do 2 since I am racing on Sunday!

The Moonlight Run is on Saturday night (10km)! So here is my race plan: I am a little worried because I missed a week of training....and that week of training was part of my run focus to get me a faster time for this race. On the other hand I have a year of high quality base under my belt which should help me get a better time.

Having said this I am going to go out there and be able to say at the end that I gave it my all, embrace the pain and see what happens. Last year I had a stellar race, so if all goes according to plan this year...it should be close. My time last year was 53:20! I am also going to reassess every 10-15 min on how I am feeling, I did this last year and it worked well! I will let you know how it turns out!

Happy Training!

2 comments:

Keith said...

Looking forward to hearing about the race. Have fun!

Lisa Ulrich said...

Good luck in the race Leslie!! Have fun, too!