Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chugging along

Hey guys,

Well I am on my way to recovery, I am no longer waking up in the morning counting down the hours until I go to sleep again! I think that is a step in the right direction.

On Monday I went for a 40 min run. It was at a nice and easy pace...my heart rate on the other hand was a good 20 beats higher than normal at that pace, but what can you expect. What was nice was spending some time outside in the sun! By the end of the day I was pretty tuckered out but I made it through.

Yesterday was my first spin class back at it and I am happy that it was aerobic. I think I was on the bike for a little shy of 90 min. My legs couldn't quite hold some of the cadence's (I don't know if thats a word?) I usually can and I forgot my heart rate monitor so I was riding blind! The music last night was interesting to say the least....not bad...but definitely interesting!

Today is a run and swim planned. I am supposed to do hill repeats...I may forgo those and just run a flat route. Tonight IG is back for swimming! Maybe no golfing tonight??? I don't think I will be that lucky;)

Have a gooder everyone!

3 comments:

Shannon Wicks said...

I have been meaning to ask this but what is "Golfing" and how it relates to swimming?

Keith said...

Golfing is a great swim exercise.

Swim almost all out 50 m, timing yourself to the second. Count strokes. Add seconds and strokes. Lower is better.

Swimming all out usually means a really fast stroke, which drives up your score, and trying to minimize strokes will add seconds. Find the sweet spot.

Mine have dropped by 5 since I started a few weeks ago.

Chad Geiger said...

I've mastered Golf! When I started it a couple months ago I was in the low 100's, I think the most was 106. Now I actually got a 78!

The trick. Purposly use as loooooong as strokes as possible and kick as hard as possible!!! I know the drill is about efficiency but hey, low scores! Leslie tells me I cheat, but lowest score wins!!!!