Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Puppyville!!!

Hey bloggers,

Sometimes I feel like I am always trying to catch up....why is this??? So true to my nature I am busy busy....doing fun stuff of course.

On Monday I did my first run of the winter on the treadmill. It was just as boring as I remember it being AND I forgot my IPOD...boooo. I made it through. I was feeling kinda crappy but stuck it out and made it through the training session, weights and all! Other than that my Monday was the usual stuff; getting groceries, cooking and the like.

Last night was bike class and I was a hurtin' unit. I may need to rethink doing legs on Monday because I always feel the repercussions on Tuesday's at class. My legs were not happy with me last night and I as told them to spin at 120 rpm...they would go 118....arggghhhh. I also may need to start biking on the weekend again, so far christmas shopping and socializing have taken priority!

Today I went for a run in the snow! It was so nice and refreshing to be out in the cold air. I have been a little chilly since I have gotten back, its nothing that a little tea won't fix! I went for 60 min; it took me awhile to slow down and get into my pace. My heart rate was a little higher than it should have been. I ran for the last couple of months without my heart rate monitor and I need to get used to my snails pace again! Once I was about 30 minutes in I was able to slow it down and train in the right zone...I need to build up that base!

I am going to the gym after work for a back/chest workout and the thought crossed my mind about going swimming. It didn't sound to horrible while I was running today, we will see how I feel when 9:30 rolls around:)

Onto more exciting things. Chad and I have talked for years about getting a puppy and we have found a breeder and are going out to meet them on Saturday. I am soooo excited. We are looking into a spring litter right now. The type of dog is a weimaraner. Since most people don't know what that is here is a pic!


Soooo cute. Of course it is going to be my new running partner. In this pic it is still a pup, but they are good dogs for active owners. I will let you know how it goes on Saturday. They still have 2 pups available from the current litter, it is a good thing Chad is coming with me so I won't come home with a puppy:):):):) Altough I really want to:):):):)

4 comments:

Lisa Ulrich said...

Ohhh, he's so cute!!! I love Weimariners! And I definitely know which kind you're talking about, they're adorable. Awesome!!

runningman said...

awwwww I want one too now, I was reading up on them.

Julie said...

Adorable!! Look out -- he'll run your legs off!! Hee-hee!!

Geoff Ulrich said...

get both puppies and tell chad they're his christmas and birthday presents!