Monday, November 10, 2008

I've been slacking...

Wow, no blog updates for a week....that's unusual for me! I had a good week of training until the weekend came, lets see what I can remember.

Monday- I went to the gym and did 35-40 min on the elliptical and then went to do a leg workout. I started training for strength again now. Heavy weight, low reps. It was nice to do something COMPLETELY different from triathlon training. Its always good to balance out your training:) I worked a few different sets of muscles that's for sure!

Tuesday - I was SORE! Those few different muscles were really talking to me, especially at spin class! Spin class went well, I remember not quite having the spunk I usually do. Some days you got it, some days you don't.

Wednesday - I went for a 60 min run in the snow, it was awesome. The trails were a little empty though! I was still sore on Wednesday from weights on Monday, so when I ran down the giant hill I must have altered my gait because after that I started have knee and shin pain for awhile. Of course I kept going...why would I stop...that would be smart. The pain eventually went away and I felt fine! My knee was a little tender afterwards though..oops

That night I was invited swimming but stayed home to bake cupcakes as a bribe for Greg...no swimming until January???? Maybe???? They weren't ordinary cupcakes either, they were Ironman cupcakes fashioned with M-dots! I met up with Greg, Darryl, and Chad after they went swimming to go out for wings. They ate wings...I had water. I am one of those weirdos who thinks wings are gross! Greg caught us up on his trip to Florida, how his race went and the like!

Thursday - We had a time trial. This was my first one of these and it was tough. We did our usual warm up stuff and then we did a couple of 2 min sets to get us ready for the time trail. We do the time trial regularly throughout the year to see how our training is progressing. We choose a gear, and ride for 20 min with Greg taking our heart rate and cadence every 2(?) minutes. This doesn't sound so bad, but what I left out is we are biking at our lactate threshold for pretty much the entire time. You know when your muscles start burning....that's what we do for 20 min! My highest my heart rate hit was 170 I think. I had a pretty good leg ache going on for the rest of the night. It reminded me of those rides in the summer when we did Cochrane hill repeats!

Friday - I went for a quick 40 min run...no more knee pain! Yay! It was so nice and sunny outside. I went to the gym after work and did some upper body and core work. Once Chad was off of work we drove up to Edmonton to visit family.

On the weekend I had the best of intentions to go for a run...that didn't happen. I didn't really feel like it and since I didn't have to go....I didn't! Got to love the off season! I did lots of visiting and eating though. I even stole some of my cousins halloween candy, I couldn't help it....he had tootsie rolls!

Tonight I am headed to the gym...I don't have a plan of action yet but I have all day to decide what I want to do! Oh I almost forgot, I hit 150 again on the accels....yesssssss.

No comments: