Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend Update

So it turns out I am kinda dumb...on Friday I was supposed to run right from work (so I could run in the day light, otherwise it is scary:). So Friday afternoon rolls around and I am pulling all of my running clothes out of my gym bag....alas no pants. That's right no pants. I didn't really feel like running down the street in my ginch, so that meant no run for me. I was also REALLY REALLY tired all week last week for some weird reason, so it took all of my gumption to get ready for this run and then I couldn't go. ARRRRGGHHHH! I was pretty mad at myself, so I was sentenced to running on the treadmill at the gym later that night. Man oh man was that ever boring, kudos to those of you who can run on the treadmill all of time.

Also on Friday night Chad and I were keeping up with Ironman Malaysia. Everyone in Calgary probably knows Greg Bradley from Speed Theory right? So we were periodically checking in on how he was doing. I can't even imagine trying to run in that heat! Blah.

On Saturday I woke up feeling pretty good, I had slept for about 10 hours and I think I really needed it! I went for my usual 2 hour run and it was soooooo nice outside. At about 90 minutes I was ready to be done running, I didn't feel bad but I didn't feel good either. I think it was just one of those weeks for training.

What was exciting about my run on Saturday...well actually 2 things. The first being that I ran waaaaay farther than I have yet in a 2 hour run and was able to keep my heart rate down. Hmmmm does that mean I am running more efficiently...I think so! AND I for the first time in as long as I can remember I didn't have a nap after I ran! When I do long runs I usually tucker out at some point later in the day and fall asleep. Yay me! Instead I went out dancing with one of my girlfriends. Again a sign of improved fitness perhaps:)

Sunday I had to work at the Tech Shop and then I had to go home and bike for 3 hours and 15 minutes. A couple of things did not go so well with my ride yesterday and I think that I learned a few things in the process. It was a very HARD ride yesterday.

So first off I ate OPA (I love Greek food!) right before I got on the bike, mistake #1. So I felt a little slow at first and after about an hour I honestly thought that I was going to toss my cookies...not good. Mistake #2 and #3 were as a result of my festivities the night before. Due to staying up until 5 am I was a little on the tired side, although I didn't feel too bad all day. Turns out my body had another opinion once I started biking! Since my festivities involved a couple of alcoholic beverages (I did try and drink water as well) I was a bit dehydrated still...oops. Lesson learned: save going out with friends for recovery weeks! Hahahahaha!

Anyway, I was still a little tired this morning when I got up but I sure once I wake up a bit more I will feel good to go! I am quite excited for daylight savings in a couple of weeks. I find the extra daylight really helps with training....bring on summer!

With all of the training I did this weekend I made it through Virginia, Maryland, and I am through Dover, Delaware. Holly smokes hey! I always find this one easy to remember "double D's" ahahahahaha. I successfully passed my test last night, I had a hard time remembering Mississippi and Florida yesterday. With a little smoke coming out of my ears I got it though!

Okay, this was really long... I'm sorry, I will stop talking your ears off now! Chad has made a chart my training volumes since I started in January so I will try to post it sometime in the next couple of days. Alrighty, now I am really done!

1 comment:

runningman said...

naaa not too long, I like writing AND reading long posts. I'm not sure how you ride that long on a trainer, there's NOOO way I'll do that. I'm waiting till summer. Winter's the time to run/swim. But awsome that you can manage it. Keep it up!