Monday, February 4, 2008

High volume = tired legs

This past week was the highest volume of training I have done since last summer:) Whoa....I was tired. Onto the good news though, I have an unloading week this week! Yeah. Sometimes it isn't the training load, it is not having enough time to do everything else you want to do in a day.

Back to Friday...I said I had to bike and swim. Well, I got the bike in for 75 minutes. I opted to go to Olive Garden and eat rather than swim....a girls gotta eat with all of this training right?

On Saturday I went for my first of many 2 hour runs. I felt good the whole time, and when I had to turn around I felt like I could have kept going, so that's a good sign. My legs were still pretty sore from the disagreement I had with lunges last week though. Once I got home Chad wanted to go to Speed Theory...so my hands helped my legs into the shower and then we were off.

Funny story, so Chad has been looking for a new gym bag for awhile. He is a power lifter and his belt, chalk, wraps, binder (Blah, blah, blah) doesn't fit in any bags. What does he walk out of Speed Theory with??? A very pricey triathlon transition bag (after all it is a ZIPP bag). I thought it was funny...I think he should do a triathlon now that he has a triathlon bag! He did say I could use it though.

Yesterday I had to work at the Tech Shop, so I didn't get my ride in until later on in the evening. I watched an entire disk of Lost, man that show is interesting. Strange things happen on that Island, not somewhere you would want to go on holidays. Anyway, I biked for 2 hours and 45 minutes. The first 15 mintues I wasn't too happy but then I felt good up until the last 1/2 hour. At that point my legs were feeling pretty fatigued. I think all of the Paralyzers and Jagerbombs I had on Saturday night weren't working in my favor yesterday:) I got it done and thats the important part.

This is a picture of me riding at home, with Lost on the tv. I better get comfortable since I am going to be spending a lot of time here in weeks to come!


I am going to go some weights tonight and go for a swim. On Tuesday I have a day off of training, which I am excited about. It was a long 10 days of training, but I feel fantastic so it was worth it!

In my Crossing America Challenge I am through Baton Rouge and a couple of hours away from Jackson, Mississippi. I am going to have to update every couple of days because the states I am into now are pretty small.

Anywho...I guess I should get back to work...Bye!

No comments: