Friday, February 22, 2008

Ouch Ouch Ouch

Well I have had interesting training in the last couple of days! I had a very effective training session of weights on Wednesday. Once you give your body 24-48 hours for DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) to set in, here is a good way to tell if you are working hard enough:

Upper Body:
Chest Sore - yes
Lats sore - yes
rhomboids sore - yes
shoulders sore- yes
biceps sore - yes
triceps sore - yes
abs sore - yes

Lower body:
Calves sore - yes...well cramping anyway.
butt sore - yes
hamstrings sore - yes
quads sore - actually they are ok!

So my lower body holds up much better than my upper body. Swimming last night was not very fun for the first 500m or so. All I could think was 'ouch, ouch, ouch, breathe...ouch, ouch, ouch, breathe. Fun hey... not really:) Once everything got moving I was okay, today however I am still very sore! I had to cut my swim short again last night due to cramping in my feet and calves. I have a plan in action to take care of this, electrolyte drinks aren't helping that much. Scott told me Apple Cider Vinegar might help so I am gonna give it a go.

I picked up one of those ginormous jugs of water (you know the ones for water coolers) at work yesterday and lifted it onto the stand. It was at about that time my bicep started to spasm and it took me an hour of stretching to get it to stop! Ha ha, note to self this was not a good idea!

Speaking of ouwies (not sure on spelling?), remember I said I played mini sticks on the weekend with my cousin and Chad. Well, here are some of my ouwies from the weekend that are still hurting me:( Thanks Levi! Oh well, Levi (my 12 year old cousin) may have beat me at mini sticks.....but I beat Chad! My kness are pretty sore, particularly when they get wet or bend, notice the foot as well!

In my crossing america challenge I am about 20 minutes past Raleigh, North Carolina. I can't remember where I am going next, but if all goes well I should be there tonight! I am going to go for an easy run after work...well easy until I have to run back up the 19th street hill. That's okay, good training:) I also am going to bike for 70 min, easy spin. Tomorrow I have another 2 hour run and Sunday a 3 hour 15 minute bike, after work. Have a good weekend!

No comments: